Help Please

I am a 54year old male turning 55 late march be able to claim my superannuation.The last time at the Brisbane Australia embassy I got a triple entry visaon obtaining this visa I was served by what I take as the daughter of the embassy staff who told me it would take 30 minutes to process.Isat and waited .When the said visa was ready it was brought to the counter by probably her mother who promply asked my age when i told her i was over 50 she replied next time you come bring bank account statment I will give you a 12 month visa.When I GET MY SUPERI want to live in Thailand for at least 12 months if not more.On going to the embassy web site there is no mention of a 12 month visa or priceI would call it a retirement type visa can I get one in Australia or would I have to come over there on a triple tourist open a thai bank account then apply for one there.Any help appreciated sorry in advance on my spelling and punctuation seems some on this site like pulling the piss out of me for this but I'm a labourer not a typist I reckon i do ok for one finger regards roadking

She wants to see if you have the cash assets to support the issue of a Non-O/A Retirement visa. You will need 65,000 Baht p/m income or 800000 baht in bank account. Maybe not as much if issued in Aussie. This visa will give you one year upon entry. If you get a multiple entry you will get one year upon each entry as long as the visa use before date is still valid. If no multiple entry visa, get a multiple reentry permit and you keep your origonal valid to stay date when you leave and come back you just have to watch the dates and make sure you are returning before the valid to stay date. These visas can be extended at your local immigration office check with them for info.

Edited by rocky3

Believe Consulate was not talking about a non immigrant long stay visa as that can not be issued without a medical and police check (as well as the 65k/800k financial s). But they indeed could provide a multi entry non immigrant O visa valid for one year of 90 day stays. You have 3 choices.

a. Non immigrant long stay OA which provides one year stay on entry.

b. Non immigrant multi entry O visa which provides one year of 90 day stays.

c. Single entry non immigrant O visa which you extend inside Thailand after 60 days here.

On multi entry there is no issue for travel as each entry is for 90 days. On extension of stay you must obtain a re-entry permit at 1,000 baht prior to travel.