Airport Bus Trouble

robint

I arrived recently to discover the Bell Bus service to Pattaya no longer accepts walk on passengers. You have to call up and pre-book your seat (from overseas and what if your plane is late?)

Does anyone know if the rail link has started yet, how do you use it? :)

ARL is not yet open, later this year (date is unclear).

When it does the station is one level further down than the current taxi level (it's actually under the short term parking). There are travelators to the concourse.

Express service you can just jump on a train and pay at Makkasan or buy a ticket at the airport first. The City service requires that you buy a ticket at the airport before boarding the train.

To the OP regarding if your plane is late:

In future I intend to phone Bell Bus Travel, immediately after leaving the plane before Immigration and Baggage collection. (Have their two phone #'s to hand!).

You have a two hour 'window' to pre-book the next Bell Bus.

I just can't get my head round this??

They are going to turn away a paying customer when they have empty seats on their Bus??

What possible reason can there be for this Business practice?

Also what dose pre book mean?

So if I turn up at 12.30 for the 1pm Bus am I not pre booking? Can I travel at 1pm or have to wait until 3pm, 24 hours 1pm the next day or what?

:)

I just can't get my head round this??

They are going to turn away a paying customer when they have empty seats on their Bus??

What possible reason can there be for this Business practice?

Also what dose pre book mean?

So if I turn up at 12.30 for the 1pm Bus am I not pre booking? Can I travel at 1pm or have to wait until 3pm, 24 hours 1pm the next day or what?

:)

Pre-Book means to book before you go to the Bell Bus Area at the airport. Book on the internet or by telephone.

It is a crazy new system, but they are 100% rigid on this rule now. The bus I traveled back on was 1/3rd full, because all the people who had not pre-booked with Bell were sent to the government bus desk by Bell employees!

I don't know the reason for this new rule, the Bell staff at the airport were just as frustrated as the non-booking customers that they turned away and sent to the other bus service.

You still can use the Bus going to Jomtien, they only accept Walk in Passenger. Here is a link: http://www.airportpattayabus.com/Home_Page.html

I think you mean that they 'do' accept walk-on passengers not 'only'!

Link to Bell Bus Service below: Note the clear warning on the homepage!

Bell Bus Travel Website

¨

No I did not mean that. If you would have had a look at the websiite you would have found out the following:

Ticket can be bought at our departure locations both in Pattaya and Suvarnabhumi airport.

There is no advance reservation. (at the moment)

If it is not too much for you you may read the stuff up here: http://www.airportpattayabus.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html

Last Bus is 9pm with is later then the Bell Bus Company afaik

Jesus why would you bother with a bus the taxi's are cheap anyway . After a long flight last thing I want to do is wait for a bus
I agree. For 1,000 baht less if you share why bother with bus problems. Mr.T Taxi, Pattaya has been very depenable for the last few years even when you get in at 1:30am. That's only $28 for a two hour taxi ride in comfort. Cheap!