New Uk Passport From Bangkok

Hi if you apply for new passport through the UK Embassy in Bangkok does your 1 yr thai visa stay in the old passport, and you have to take both passports with when you travel, or is it automatically transferred to the new passport ?

Thanks for info

Visa can never be transferred to a new passport. You do go to immigration with both passports and have current permitted to stay stamp transferred to new passport (and if on extension of stay that would be transferred). If you have a multi entry visa you will have to take old passport along with new to use it for new entries.

Visa can never be transferred to a new passport. You do go to immigration with both passports and have current permitted to stay stamp transferred to new passport (and if on extension of stay that would be transferred). If you have a multi entry visa you will have to take old passport along with new to use it for new entries.

I think I said the same as you lopburi, I collect my new pp on the 15th and will go with 2 pps to immigration to have my retirement visa transferd to my new one

I think I said the same as you lopburi, I collect my new pp on the 15th and will go with 2 pps to immigration to have my retirement visa transferd to my new one

Immigration cannot transfer Visas. Thy can only transfer Immigration stamps.

Immigration cannot transfer Visas. Thy can only transfer Immigration stamps.

OK so I think I misunderstood, so then I will have my visa in the old one and extension of stay in the new one until my visa gets renewed and have to carry two

If you have an extension of stay that is transferred - but that is not a visa and does not allow you to enter Thailand. If you travel you must obtain a re-entry permit before you leave and you use that to make new entry.

Your old passport with the original visa does not need to be presented in that case. Only if you have a valid visa for entry or multi entry visa (90 day stays) or a valid non immigrant OA visa would you need to have the old passport with you.