Marriage Visa Issues

Advice please! For the past five years i have obtained a marraige visa under the 400k scenario without to many problems , however today i hit a snag. This year i forgot to transfer my money into my account 2m prior to renewal, it had only been in the account 6 weeks as at today when i went to renew. I have forgotten before and had the visa renewed without to many problems they just gave me a one month stamp pending completion of paperwork. However today i was informed this was not possible i would need to come back in 12 days and as my visa expires tomorrow i would be charged 500 baht a day.... very helpful!!. My other option would be to go out of the country and obtain a new non i 3m visa and reapply for the marraige visa in 3m! I find this all very petty .... what do you think would be the best option, if i go for the overstay charge would this penalize me in some way in the future? If i go for the 3m renewal does this effect me in any way as i am now starting again? or is there any other options .... opinions please from all visa experts!!!? urgent

Use rule 2.24, from Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

As you have Thai wife you can obtain 60 day extension from immigration on the basis of visiting your wife. That will give you enough time for funds to season. Visit Immigration with wife. You will also need to take with you marriage certificate, wife's ID card, tabbien bahn (house book), completed application form TM7, copies of passport pages/TM6 departure card + passport photo. Some offices are also asking for photos of you and wife around the house and map to house. Fee 1900 baht. Then apply for 12 month extension of stay based on marriage during the last 30 days of your permission to stay.

Immigration in Thailand.

Copied from the Police Order.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

i am dealing with the same issues on getting my type o renewed and today had another twist thrown my way, mind you i have been on a type O for at least 9 yrs with my wife as my sponsor but now they say i must have my marriage certificate notorised at the US embassy in bkk.

I have already had the extra exp. of flying to KL for the 90 day type O, to add a trip to bkk will run the cost of this one yr visa up over 40k baht plus the lost of interest on the 400k.

My question is. can only thai spouse be the sponsor on an O or can any thai of good standing sponsor me and if so why cant she just sponsor me as a thai citizen and the mother of our children.

This is the Police Order in Thai.

Get your wife to find the relevant rule 2.24 and show Immigration.

Thanks for your advice Lite Beer i appreciate your time will give it another go tomorrow

Found an English version of this police rule it states this extension of up to 60 days may only be used one time. I was given a 60 day extension last year prior to this 1 yr visa which is now expirying wasn;t charged anything at the time so presumed just part of the service! In hindsight maybe it was this 60 day spouse extension they gave me but forgot to charge!!. If that is the case does only one time mean can not apply again or because i have had a 1 yr in between i can apply.... not sure ?

This is the English Translation.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

We think it means cannot be used back to back. Ok with an another Extension/Visa inbetween

@maccaroni man,

My question is. can only thai spouse be the sponsor on an O or can any thai of good standing sponsor me and if so why cant she just sponsor me as a thai citizen and the mother of our children.

The answer is that you are a "husband who is an alien."

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

60 day extension rule changed in the latest order and the single time (which was never defined) was removed. However they may not want to issue on an extension of stay as you currently have - on any kind of entry it is routine now to allow but believe they have a four time per year limit, at least at one location.

i am dealing with the same issues on getting my type o renewed and today had another twist thrown my way, mind you i have been on a type O for at least 9 yrs with my wife as my sponsor but now they say i must have my marriage certificate notorised at the US embassy in bkk.

I have already had the extra exp. of flying to KL for the 90 day type O, to add a trip to bkk will run the cost of this one yr visa up over 40k baht plus the lost of interest on the 400k.

You sponsor yourself - that is the requirement. You marriage opens that door. As would supporting a Thai child of yours. I suspect you were married outside of Thailand? Immigration now require a copy of the District Office ledger entry of marriage, done here or overseas. So if done overseas it first has to have Embassy chop, then be translated into Thai and registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and that copy recorded at a District Office where you obtain the ledger entry copy for use at Immigration. This is a new requirement that everyone is being asked to provide if not already in there file.

You sponsor yourself - that is the requirement. You marriage opens that door. As would supporting a Thai child of yours. I suspect you were married outside of Thailand? Immigration now require a copy of the District Office ledger entry of marriage, done here or overseas. So if done overseas it first has to have Embassy chop, then be translated into Thai and registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and that copy recorded at a District Office where you obtain the ledger entry copy for use at Immigration. This is a new requirement that everyone is being asked to provide if not already in there file.

that sounds like what my wife said but then she went on to say that they told her next yr we would ask for the renewal based on "family visa" any ideas on what she is talking about? btw thanks to all in advance