275-70/17 Tyres In Thailand

cflai

Hi

I have a Toyota Land Cruiser VX100 in Malaysia and will be driving to Thailand in about a month's time.

My car is due for a complete change of tires and size 265-65/17 is very expensive here being imported (About Bht8,200 each). I am interested in finding out if this size of tire is available and cheaper in Thailand......

Also I am interested in the 265-70/17 size availability as the reading on my speedometer is slightly out and I believe that by putting the 70 sidewall will put the speed back to normal.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Thanks

265/65-17 is very available, since this is original on VIGO and Fortuner top of the line.

Both on road tyres and off road tyres. Bridgestone and Michelin most popular. Dont know the price new.

Should be available "secondhand" for like 15-20k baht, since many buyers take their new car to wheel shop to get some 18-22s and trade in the 17s.

265/65-17 is very available, since this is original on VIGO and Fortuner top of the line.

Both on road tyres and off road tyres. Bridgestone and Michelin most popular. Dont know the price new.

Should be available "secondhand" for like 15-20k baht, since many buyers take their new car to wheel shop to get some 18-22s and trade in the 17s.

Thank you for the information. That's good then, I have just decided that I will have them changed in Thailand.....

Still would prefer 275-70/17 if available to get my speedometer to read right again..... but have to check that when I am there...

Regards

Thank you for the information. That's good then, I have just decided that I will have them changed in Thailand.....

Still would prefer 275-70/17 if available to get my speedometer to read right again..... but have to check that when I am there...

Regards

I belive your speedo reading is easily adjusted with a Toyota computer. Just check out how much error you have at 100kmh, and if same as Vigo/Fortuner (which I belive it is), its adjusted in 2 minutes.

I belive your speedo reading is easily adjusted with a Toyota computer. Just check out how much error you have at 100kmh, and if same as Vigo/Fortuner (which I belive it is), its adjusted in 2 minutes.

My car speedo reads 110km/hr when all my GPS's put together tells me I am running at 96km/hr. I trust my GPS because all my previous cars were dead accurate..... i.e. they synchronized. Will any official Toyota dealerships in Thailand be able to handle this computer adjustment? The local Toyota distributor in Malaysia will not touch my car because it was not imported by them.... :D

Thanks for the tip... now I have plenty to do when I next visit Thailand.. :)

Goodyear 265/65/17 are 8400 baht*, Bridgestone and Michelin are dearer.

* This is the R.R.P sticker that is on the tyre when purchased.

Thanks for the info - What would the 'normal' discount be like from the R.R.P.?

I have Bridgestones from Japan on mine at the moment and they are good, but they eat up pretty fast..... They are almost finished after 47,000 km..

If they are shipped to the tyre store with an RRP on them im not too sure how much cheaper the they sell them for as there "isnt" that much margin on tyres.

I can get imported 275-65/17 highway tyres in Malaysia for about Bht 9,000 (RM830) each inclusive of installation and balancing. They are Bridgestone or Dunlops from Japan...

Friend of mine bought 4 pcs of Dunlops from Japan in Cambodia for 1/2 the price while we were in Phnm Penh 2 years ago - he stuck it rich when he had a leak in one of his tyres, sent the car to a tyre shop for patching and discovered the prices, so he decided to buy them and put all 4 new ones on his roof rack in time for his London-Kuala Lumpur drive. Got them through without paying taxes or Duties, lucky....

Unfortunately I am not doing Phom Penh anytime near now before my tyres get dangerously worn..... :)