Thaksin's Children 'Not Dad's Nominees'

webfact

Please give me 42 billion baht, and I will give you a promissory note.

I expect to wait a LOOOONNNGG time before I get the cash...

So why do I find it false that Dr. T.s kids can get this much so easily...

Oh yeah dad needed to divest it where he could control it....

guess they wouldn't trust me to hold it for them...

The legal arguments of the rich and clueless.

Edited by animatic

animatic

when i was taking econ101 in michigan, it said that a promissory note was a pie in the sky....

when the convicted prisoner tuksin was in charge, they could do everything they so wished....

but now with a new interpreter in town, a promissory note was just that a promissory note, good for payment to those who were willing to accept it....

but then it can not be counted as paid up, until it actually is paid up and retired....

imho, the court might just see it that way....

once upon a time, the children might argue their point during sidebar and won over the ruling.... but many of those corruptables on the bench are now practising lawyers, no longer judges.... and they no longer can tarnish the supreme court decision.... is my humble hope and prayer

Please give me 42 billion baht, and I will give you a promissory note.

I expect to wait a LOOOONNNGG time before I get the cash...

So why do I find it false that Dr. T.s kids can get this much so easily...

Oh yeah dad needed to divest it where he could control it....

guess they wouldn't trust me to hold it for them...

The legal arguments of the rich and clueless.

Edited by nakachalet

hi poleax

pls do not be too serious on thaivisa, everyone could civilly state his/her opinion.... some members may agree with you, while others may want to throw you to the buffaloes.... lol

on a more serious note, one has to be a fool to state or believe that any PM, including past PM chuan, is poor....

if what you and others meant to say was that.... past PM chuan was several hundred millions less wealthy than convicted prisoner tucksin and his family members and many other pm(s).... then, that is an accurate observation.... LOL

just wonder, where did you get your info that past pm chuan is poor....?

on another point, could you enlighten several of us with past pm chuan's matrimony date and place, pls? during that period, i was meditating something fierce in afican and the local (poo-yai-baarn) village head here was furious that he was not included in the wedding list.... LOL

thx poleax for the marriage info and pls lighten up some, K? we are all "farang kee-nok (birds' droppings) here...." LOL :)

A series of Posts on the honesty of Chuan Leak-Pai, as a counterpoint to my assertion that all wealthy families protect the "crown jewels".......of wealth, I mean (ahem).

Now for the rest of the story as Paul Harvie used to say, and referenced above:

This image of poverty by the gentlemen referenced is just that......Image.

No-body believe.

>His brother is the largest land-owner in the South - Tran Province.

>His wife is a huge land owner in Chiang Mai

>His teenage son drive a hugely expensive car, while daddy pretend to be poor in his beat-up old jeep

Isn't it strange that wife, brother, teenage son display wealth, while he projects an 'image' of poverty.

I could go to great length on how those engaged in Politics also engage in image creation to project a certain personea (sp?). Suffice it to say, this is the case with none other than Mr. Chuan Leak-Pai.

How is that he is so poor, and all his significant-others are something else.

Pretensions and image creation folks.

I stand by my Post #5

Just some more inconsequential drivel from the Pole.

I believe Khun Chuan's brother disappeared years ago owing a bank, it may be Kasikorn, a lot of money.

Chuan's mother was a vendor in Trang market, she still lives very near there.

Mr Chuan was never married, the ex husband of his 'wife' refused to divorce her.

Some say his son is in fact the biological son of his brother who disappeared and Chuan took on the role of bringing him up.

His 'wife' moved to Chiang Mai a long time ago.

Mr Chuan is highly respected for his honesty- note the recent Democrat vote not to change the voting system, a decision reached after appeals by Mr Chuan.

Nobody has ever accused Mr Chuan of corruption though many blamed his associates.

Sorry to digress from the OP.

I can recall when he (Chuan) was PM that many many Thais would comment:

- 'he's a good man, he's clean, he's anti-corruption, he's done good things, but he's too slow and there are so many things which need attention'.

I can relate - I thought the same when Chuan was PM. Chuan was like Jimmy Carter with feet stuck in the mud. Carter is also a very decent man, as Chuan is, but Carter was a whirlwind of activity. I just read how, when Johnny Cash visited Carter at the White House, Carter would walk fast down the hallways of power, dropping in to one chamber after another, where committee meetings were going on, in order to comment and/or check how things were progressing.

As slow as Chuan's administration was, the past several administrations, since Thaksin, have been even slower than Chuan's at getting anything done. That's because of the hyper-political spin on everything. Even Abhisit, who looks to be able to get some useful things done, has trouble even getting simple issues addressed.

He's being attacked, politically and physically (car peltings, etc) on a nearly daily basis. If Thai politicians could take their heads out of the feeding troughs and take time off from their golf games and clandestine meetings with mia noi, they might someday get to the business of legislating.

Hopefully the bully hiding out in Cambodia will lighten up when the assets decision comes down. The one who's name starts with a T, and who repeatedly claimed, a few years ago, he was done with politics.

Siripon - so other previous PM's did not move their estate to other family members. And other very senior Politicians, even in today's Government, are not moving there zillions amongst their own family members, and engaged in similar 'prejudicial practices'

No matter who or where. Families will protect their financial assets....whether they are in Government or out.

While we can be sure they do protect themselves, they don't wait just a few months before taking office to plan this out and certainly don't "donate" assets to their maids and drivers and then go to into court and swear it isn't theirs. Also, they don't pass laws that clearly are meant to increase the value of these assets they just got rid of. The fact is, everything about this is messy, including the offshore accounts. The whole thing was done so blatantly illegal that it is impossible for anyone to look the other way.

Seconded, word for word...!