Mexican Restaurants In Thailand: Reviews And Pics

Tejas

Please post your current reviews of Mexican restaurants in Thailand with pictures of the foods being served.

The pictures are important because a "taco" in one place if often very different from a "taco" in another place (same for fajitas, tamales, frijoles, etc).

Pictures of the restaurants--outsides and interiors--would also be nice.

Hopefully this thread will allow us to talk about all of the restaurants in Thailand in one place and not have to jump around from one thread to another thread.

This is not about which one is best or worst.

I am starting this thread, but will not make any comments.

This thread is for Mexican food lovers.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure this is destine to fail as all will use it as an ad site ….but let the games begin …I am sure it will be fun to watch / read

What draw is a “with a steaming mug of corona beer brand beer”

Room temp at least or colder please.

Steaming no way….!!!!

I am sure this is destine to fail as all will use it as an ad site ….but let the games begin …I am sure it will be fun to watch / read

What draw is a “with a steaming mug of corona beer brand beer”

Steaming no way….!!!!

Agreed. No mug for me please. Ice cold bottle, slice of lime and don't interrupt me.

What draw is a "with a steaming mug of corona beer brand beer"

Steaming no way….!!!!

LOL. I thought that "steaming" part was a bit odd as well.

Yeah, sounds just a bit (read - "a lot") like a plug, if I ever heard/read one.

I prefer my beer ice cold -- but no ice, please. :D:)

Edited by ChefHeat

Mexicans don't even drink Corona. They will tell you that is for export.

I'm not a fan of Corona, but it's the #1 selling beer in Mexico. Mexico Brewery website

I think pilsners match well with Mexican food and prefer Pacifico of the Mexican pilsners. I also like Dos Equis. I don't think that much of Tecate.

Negra Modelo - the best beer out of Mexico.

I'm not a fan of Corona, but it's the #1 selling beer in Mexico. Mexico Brewery website

I think pilsners match well with Mexican food and prefer Pacifico of the Mexican pilsners. I also like Dos Equis. I don't think that much of Tecate.

I agree, but it's not that easy to find it. Mostly carried by upscale liquor stores in the U.S., and not the chain supermarkets or convenience stores.

I agree, but it's not that easy to find it. Mostly carried by upscale liquor stores in the U.S., and not the chain supermarkets or convenience stores.

.... and the better Mexican restaurants.

I guess I hung around the barrio of East L.A. too long. The only upscale Mexican at which I've eaten is Border Grill in Santa Monica, and I wouldn't necessarily call that a Mexican restaurant. However, they do serve Negra Modelo. Border Grill website

.... and the better Mexican restaurants.

I guess I hung around the barrio of East L.A. too long. The only upscale Mexican at which I've eaten is Border Grill in Santa Monica, and I wouldn't necessarily call that a Mexican restaurant. However, they do serve Negra Modelo. Border Grill website

Perhaps some of the Cal-Mex and cheaper Mexi restaurants are starting to carry it these days.

I've been here 10 years, so I'm sure things have changed a bit back home.

But I was able to buy it way back then at my local carneceria and Mexi-grocer.

After Bohemia and Negra Leon :)

After Bohemia and Negra Leon :)

The favorite beer of the average working Mexican is "Tecate" al tiempo, served at room temp, no cold beer was available. serve with lime and salt. That still remains my favorite!

Cheers: :D

Depending on what exactly you mean by a "California burrito," I think you would find the burritos at La Monita, near the Ploenchit BTS station, to be very satisfying and filling.

Your choice of meat or available seafood, rice, whole or refried beans, salsa, guacamole, sour cream..,, Meat choices include carne asada, carnitas, red or green pork, shrimp, sometimes fish, chorizo, or vegetarian... They're happy to customize it, based on customers' requests. They have a regular size for about 200 baht and a super-size, for an extra 50 or 70 baht.

Had one today for lunch with pork in green sauce. Chips on the side and growing range of freshly prepared salsas... quite tasty.

Now if they'd only get out of the habit, which no one seems to like, of serving up their salsas in squeeze bottles...

Depending on what exactly you mean by a "California burrito," I think you would find the burritos at La Monita, near the Ploenchit BTS station, to be very satisfying and filling.

Your choice of meat or available seafood, rice, whole or refried beans, salsa, guacamole, sour cream..,, Meat choices include carne asada, carnitas, red or green pork, shrimp, sometimes fish, chorizo, or vegetarian... They're happy to customize it, based on customers' requests. They have a regular size for about 200 baht and a super-size, for an extra 50 or 70 baht.

Had one today for lunch with pork in green sauce. Chips on the side and growing range of freshly prepared salsas... quite tasty.

Now if they'd only get out of the habit, which no one seems to like, of serving up their salsas in squeeze bottles...

Looks like this :)

2603620260_eec3e9d19b.jpg

YUMMM

Can't quite tell what's in that burrito, but it looks like an LA burrito as opposed to a San Francisco burrito. There is a big difference between the two, and I like both.

san francisco burrito - wikipedia

Burritos from Los Angeles, which date back to the 1920's, tend to be all meat and have their origins in the northern states of Mexico.

Yes but what I am dying to know is 1) How to make salsa sauce & 2) where to get good Mexican food In San Antonio ? Thanks in advance.

btw Sunrise Tacos bites the bigun.

La Monita & Tacos & Salsa - the 2 best. BY FAR !!!!!

Edited by powderpuff

Stopped by La Monita the other day for lunch, and had another great meal... highlighted by a carnitas burrito with tortilla chips....

The food continues to be consistently good. And for the first time, a request to sample their salsas produced a set of four small dipping-type bowls each filled with a different variety of salsa... not just the familiar squeeze bottles, which are still present there...

La Monita continues to refine their salsas, by the way, based on the chili peppers that are available to them, and I must say, the latest incarnations are quite good....far far from the usual tomato sauce varieties found elsewhere.

That's the good stuff... The bad stuff..... For I think the third visit in a row now, the new menu offerings had been promised but not yet delivered.... Still no new menu as of a few days ago.... And, still nothing arranged yet in terms of delivery options or accepting bank/credit cards for payment....

But the food is hard to beat... I keep wanting to try some other things on their menu like the torta sandwiches.... But the burritos, tacos and carne asada fries keep pulling me back.... I'm in anguish!!!! :)

As the other thread was closed, I will post my "review" of Mike's, here in Pattaya:

Finally made it to Mike's last night. I have to say it was really good. As good or better than what I get in the Southwest US. Margs were pretty darn good also, as was the sangria. Will go back for sure and try some of the other dishes...my normal dish is chicken enchilada, topped with crema...and rice and beans of course! It was not cheap, but good. Dinner for 2, including 2 margs, 1 sangria, large guac w/chips, and decent tip was 1100 baht. And we were stuffed!

Their menu looks great. Have to go there for huevos ranchero. They looked great on the menu!

For those interested, it is on Thapphraya Road, East side, between South Pattaya and Jomtien. Between the flyover and the top of the hill on your way to Jomtien. Can't miss the green cactus sign. Down that soi about 50 meters on your left.