International Driver’s License In Pattaya

jellymeister

At the motor office behind the Regent School.

Bring your valid Thai DL and passport and I think they charge about 1,000 baht or so. Takes a couple of weeks to process, then you have to go back to pick it up.

Edited by Phil Conners

At the motor office behind the Regent School.

Bring your valid Thai DL and passport and I think they charge about 1,000 baht or so. Takes a couple of weeks to process, then you have to go back to pick it up.

WOW...thats some mark up....go to BKK traffic dept and they will charge THB 505 and you will get it within 30 minutes....

You need your 5 year DL

Copies of P/P pages - Visa etc

2 X photos

In my case they want to see my WP as well, although dont believe this is an actual requirement for a IDP

Yeah it could have been 505, as I said it's been a few years since I had one made and I wasn't sure of the price.

As for WP, they ask for one "if you have one" when you renew your normal DL as well. Never really understood the point in that.

TiT I guess.

My understanding from Rayong traffic dept Re Work Permit, is that if you dont have a Work Permit, they are not suppose to give you a 5 year DL, Only 1 year at a time, of course we are in Thailand so guess that rule goes out the window from time to time... :)

Yeah it could have been 505, as I said it's been a few years since I had one made and I wasn't sure of the price.

As for WP, they ask for one "if you have one" when you renew your normal DL as well. Never really understood the point in that.

TiT I guess.

My understanding from Rayong traffic dept Re Work Permit, is that if you dont have a Work Permit, they are not suppose to give you a 5 year DL, Only 1 year at a time, of course we are in Thailand so guess that rule goes out the window from time to time... :)

dont know if it's a new thing WP for 5year licence but ive just got my second 5year one and all i needed was an O visa TiT

^ Same here. Didn't have a WP when I got my 5 years DL. (Got one now though).

Cant see why they need a WP for 5 year licence as you only need an O to own a car in your own name when I got my first one, car/licence, only had a three month tourist visa, think that has changed now, but maybe not TiT. any one know???

Work permit or "certificate of residence" from Immigration for both registering a vehicle in your own name and issuance of (5 year) DL.

Dont think the rule's are the same everyware. Just got my second new car all I needed was two copy's of passport/visa 0 dito of driving licence. english or Thai and cash, Bingo