Therapeutic Massage...

The Mask

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a quality therapeutic thai massage in Chiang Mai. I need genuine massage for pain relief and not some novice just rubbing me for 2 hours.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

I would suggest Lek Chaiya, as long as she's still doing it herself. She has a place just up from AUA, closer to the Montri hotel. Look for her name in big letters on the front of the shop.

Also...

Thai Traditional Massage

Rinkaew Complex 274565-7

183/4 Wualai Rd.,

T. Hai Ya,

A. Muang,

Excellent training of masseuses, in my experience.

• 1 month later...

Tried Rinkaew yesterday for a real massage. If when you walk in you think it looks like a short time place it probably is.

I am not saying that thats what it is but thats what it reminded me of .

I received very shitty massage

I need a good theraputic masage withouut having to pay tourist prices!!

Any body got any good one out there!!!

:o

I would suggest Lek Chaiya, as long as she's still doing it herself. She has a place just up from AUA, closer to the Montri hotel. Look for her name in big letters on the front of the shop.

Also...

Thai Traditional Massage

Rinkaew Complex 274565-7

183/4 Wualai Rd.,

T. Hai Ya,

A. Muang,

Tried Rinkaew yesterday for a real massage. If when you walk in you think it looks like a short time place it probably is.

Also...

Thai Traditional Massage

Rinkaew Complex 274565-7

183/4 Wualai Rd.,

T. Hai Ya,

A. Muang,

Rinkaew used to be my regular place and I have been scores of times. I agree it looks a little dodgy, but it really is a legit massage joint. Anyway, there are good massuses and bad ones. It helps to go with a Thai speaker who can help find one of the good ones and once you find her, get her number. Some of those old ladies have been doing massage for decades.

The place I go now is a massage school behind the golf driving range across from Central Airport Plaza; sorry I can't be specific. You can book a massage with one of the instructors and they are very good. There is an open-air room as well as an aircon room; I like the open room. There prices are reasonable but I have always gone with my Thai missus so not sure what they would charge if you go by yourself.

Good luck.

Also...

Thai Traditional Massage

Rinkaew Complex 274565-7

183/4 Wualai Rd.,

T. Hai Ya,

A. Muang,

Rinkaew used to be my regular place and I have been scores of times. I agree it looks a little dodgy, but it really is a legit massage joint. Anyway, there are good massuses and bad ones. It helps to go with a Thai speaker who can help find one of the good ones and once you find her, get her number. Some of those old ladies have been doing massage for decades.

The place I go now is a massage school behind the golf driving range across from Central Airport Plaza; sorry I can't be specific. You can book a massage with one of the instructors and they are very good. There is an open-air room as well as an aircon room; I like the open room. There prices are reasonable but I have always gone with my Thai missus so not sure what they would charge if you go by yourself.

Good luck.

This place you are talking about is Chiangmai Traditional Massage School, I frequent this place too. The charges are reasonable and the massuses well trained.

Strongly recommended. :D

Very , very highly recommended is blind masseuse in Lamphun.

I will try to get tel. no. and address from my friend who has their details, as I know how to get there when driving but can't explain it.

Need to call for an appointment as very busy. There's the husband and wife team who run the place and at least 4 others. Never seen any farang customers there and doubt they speak any English. But huge Thai clientele who all come from recommendations, they don't advertise or anything.