Pattaya Real Estate Broker's Association

sharecropper

No problem Dickie58. Usually when I get stuck in it is regrettably on a more inflammatory basis, then I get my posts removed and I get warned, so I knew that hadn't happened re Benchmark!

Now I wonder if we might today get a contribution from a REBA agent, especially in rebuttal to SirReal's interesting remarks.

If not, I will start to wonder about the usefulness of dealing with a REBA agent myself, when nobody can even be bothered explaining its relevance or benefits to people who put business their way in Pattaya as customers.

The abscence of any rebutttals, or forthright comments from REBA-ES agents is very telling. Presumably the only sanctions REBA-ES can inflict on another ( rogue ) agent is expulsion from their scheme ? The scheme might be good at marketing and self-promoting their members, but actually enforcing any standards, it has little teeth.

Please one of the agents, come forward and explain.

I had a serious problem involving a member of this group. I did threaten them with a complaint to the REBA ES board but they pretty much laughed in my face as they ARE one of the board members. Proves a point though, how can an organisation that is self governing ever be a legitimate or official organisation? I'm pretty sure that this would be illegal in most other countries where corruption is frowned upon. Anyway, more fool me. In the mean time I have been to take my case to a lawyer and will have to wait and see the outcome.

I had a serious problem involving a member of this group. I did threaten them with a complaint to the REBA ES board but they pretty much laughed in my face as they ARE one of the board members. Proves a point though, how can an organisation that is self governing ever be a legitimate or official organisation? I'm pretty sure that this would be illegal in most other countries where corruption is frowned upon. Anyway, more fool me. In the mean time I have been to take my case to a lawyer and will have to wait and see the outcome.

Is it a big money issue? Presumably so if you are suing.

(I'm politely asking how much are you talking about!)

Reading that report sparked this thread, funily enough.

But looking at it again, especially through the eyes of SirReal's posts, I notice they REBA-ES people are not doing REBA courses, presumably because they are now not part of the main REBA organiation, but some other acronym's course - the NAR's - CRS. :)

How about this for a thought?

Can any of you guys get your hands on a copy of the rules & regulations/guidelines that REBA ES members are meant to follow.

Thats if there is such a thing?

Could make very interesting reading for everyone.

Is it a big money issue? Presumably so if you are suing.

(I'm politely asking how much are you talking about!)

I’m not going to go on a one sided rant but it was a substantial amount of money for me but more to point it was the way that I was treated. You only have to see some of the recent positioning by one of their members calling people “Idiots”. How unprofessional is that, this is the calibre of people that they are.

I'm not going to go on a one sided rant but it was a substantial amount of money for me but more to point it was the way that I was treated. You only have to see some of the recent positioning by one of their members calling people "Idiots". How unprofessional is that, this is the calibre of people that they are.

I don't know about you but I know some of these agents personally because I have listed my condos with them and they are good to work with. Never had any problem with anyone. With regards to "Idiots" issue I think sometimes some people deserve to be called that.

One flaming post and two replies deleted. The entire thread is degrading into a personal scrap between real estate agents. Enough Already.

The next flamer gets suspended and has the distinction of getting the thread closed.

Care to give examples PattayaAxe, or did you just join for a wind up??

Nobody is having a personal attack, just a discussion as to what - or not, benefits REBA offers, care to give us your personal experience and insight?

Nobody is having a personal attack, just a discussion as to what - or not, benefits REBA offers, care to give us your personal experience and insight?

Hey LennyW, very simple have you heard about a communication tool called a "telephone"? Do u have one?

Hey LennyW, very simple have you heard about a communication tool called a "telephone"? Do u have one?

Yes i have plenty telephones thankyou, i am sorry but i guess myself and some other TV members are having difficulty understanding your point??

Care to clarify?

Care to clarify?

I think you are also one of those guys who attack this group REBA-ES for personal reasons. I don't want to get involved in this any further. Like I said these agents have given me excellent service (sold 4 condos for me). Why ask me talk to one of them?