Hiddink. Where To Next?

Jockstar

Hiddink confirms Russia departure

By Soccernet staff

February 13, 2010

Comment

Email

Print

Guus Hiddink has confirmed he will leave his position as Russia coach when his contract expires in the summer.

Hiddink attended the Euro 2012 draw last weekend

• Nigeria claim Hiddink interest

Hiddink led Russia to Euro 2008 ahead of England, but they were beaten in a World Cup play-off match with Slovenia for this summer's tournament and he has since been linked with a number of jobs at both club and international level.

It was stated that Hiddink would not make any decision on his future until he held talks with new Russian federation president Sergei Fursenko, but he has now cleared the way to take another post.

"After a very pleasant conversation with the new federal president, it was decided that we will part ways after the expiration of my contract on June 30," he told De Telegraaf. "We decided this now in order to give the federation enough time to look for a successor."

Manchester City, Liverpool, Juventus, Turkey and Eredivisie side Heerenveen are all reported to have shown interest while Hiddink's representative recently claimed he would like to lead Nigeria in South Africa after the dismissal of Shaibu Amodu. There have also been suggestions he could be offered a role at Chelsea.

Liverpool.

mourinho?

don't think liverpool is a big enough job for jose's ego any more, there's no money. he'd have to take a 50% pay cut on his inter salary and pay much higher income tax.

madrid, barca, united or portugal next for the self-adoring one. probably madrid.

wouldn't surprise me at all to see hiddink come to liverpool in the summer. just hope he's prepared to buy players with magic beans and by swapping training kit.

Or hope he won't spend 18m of his Transfer Budget on a Right Back & the other 20m on an Italian who he virtually never plays. due to Injury or him " not being ready ". :)

Just think, if he doesn't do that & spends whatever his budget it a little wiser, you might have a better Season next Year.

Edited by MSingh

wouldn't surprise me at all to see hiddink come to liverpool in the summer. just hope he's prepared to buy players with magic beans and by swapping training kit.

Or hope he won't spend 18m of his Transfer Budget on a Right Back & the other 20m on an Italian who he virtually never plays. due to Injury or him " not being ready ". :)

Just think, if he doesn't do that & spends whatever his budget it a little wiser, you might have a better Season next Year.

£7m on a right-back and 5m so far on the non-playing italian, m.

Or hope he won't spend 18m of his Transfer Budget on a Right Back & the other 20m on an Italian who he virtually never plays. due to Injury or him " not being ready ". :D

Don't forget, Stevie has a long memory and a vivid imagination. Given the chance he and enough bandwidth, he could convince himself that Robbie Keane deal was a good one. :)

Or hope he won't spend 18m of his Transfer Budget on a Right Back & the other 20m on an Italian who he virtually never plays. due to Injury or him " not being ready ". :D

Don't forget, Stevie has a long memory and a vivid imagination. Given the chance he and enough bandwidth, he could convince himself that Robbie Keane deal was a good one. :)

i just read liverpool's and roma's accounts james.

laughing at your own posts does not make them jokes or funny by the way.

£7m on a right-back and 5m so far on the non-playing italian.

Theyll be paying in installments and on games played and trophys won (so youll save here) also Johnsons fee included writing off the debt that Pompey owed for Crouch.

Liverpool fans are only happy when theyve a disproportionate amount of money to spend as they are Britains biggest glory hunters.

Theyll be paying in installments and on games played and trophys won (so youll save here) also Johnsons fee included writing off the debt that Pompey owed for Crouch.

Liverpool fans are only happy when theyve a disproportionate amount of money to spend as they are Britains biggest glory hunters.

christ you're funny.

christ you're funny.

with scouser's like you around mate, I am funny even when I am not. I understand your frustration though, CL time and nothing to do.

(should I :D or :) )?

christ you're funny.

And devastatingly Hansum! :)

Now now boys, Stay on topic or I'll tell.

haha ok, Hiddink to coach Turkey?

hate being correct about coaches, first Bruce to New (I mean Sunderland) and Hiddink to Turkey. Next up Svenn again, this could be hard though - isnt' there a rule about only being able to coach two teams in one year?

hate being correct about coaches, first Bruce to New (I mean Sunderland) and Hiddink to Turkey. Next up Svenn again, this could be hard though - isnt' there a rule about only being able to coach two teams in one year?

James, do you do lottery numbers?

James, do you do lottery numbers?

No mate and lately I haven't been able to pick the games in the comp worth a <deleted> either.