Civil Engineering At Its Best...

Loz

Woke up Saturday morning to this debacle...

001n052P1Zp.jpg

001o052P1Zp.jpg

Has to be a way to make those grates up to the job of supporting road traffic, no?

What tickles me about this particular bit of road is that it pot holes every year and the powers that be wait until rainy season to fill the holes. Then they don't seem the least bit concerned that the filling doesn't last. It's all a fine game I suppose and part of the charm of living here. But watching the crane pull the cement mixer out of the hole in the road in 2010 seemed a little funny.

Funnier still, the cement mixer was bleeding Diesel out into the street as it was tipped at such an angle or the fuel line had ruptured. Nobody would even turn the engine off. :)

Edited by Loz

What tickles me about this particular bit of road is that it pot holes every year and the powers that be wait until rainy season to fill the holes. Then they don't seem the least bit concerned that the filling doesn't last. It's all a fine game I suppose and part of the charm of living here. But watching the crane pull the cement mixer out of the hole in the road in 2010 seemed a little funny.

Don’t forget, construction work is a big business over here and more the better, so do the right thing so you are not at fault when it is done in a bad condition. They do it again and again

Don’t forget, construction work is a big business over here and more the better, so do the right thing so you are not at fault when it is done in a bad condition. They do it again and again

The thing is the goverment guys love skimming of the projects.. so they dont mind if they are not done good.. so they can skimm of the next time it is done.

Dont know if this region is a earthquake prone area.

But if it is, I guess sooner or later we will see the same old issue pop up again.

Hmmmmm, we seem to have miscalculated how much steel/concrete we should have used when we made the buildings.

I've found a new tourist attraction for round here.

The potholes are now so big, you could build hotels and gift shops round them, have viewing platforms and helicopter tours.

Here's a picture of one of them, just round the corner as you head into the next village.

grand_canyon.jpg