Red-Shirts Will Not Organize Mass Rally On Feb 26

webfact

Wise decision by the Red Shirts to call off the demonstration on the 26th considering the Media Hype, including 7 new stories on Thai Visa today! (still 11 days left)

Considering the seriousness of the bomb attacks over the past few days if they were to demonstrate for sure all fingers would be pointing at them.

However they will gain lot of public credibility with this move and prove there course to be the just. I do recommend they continue there tactics of exposing corruption

amongst the elite classes which should cause enough loss of face to justify a General Election soon and restore democracy to Thailand.

I like your line' they will gain a lot of public credibility with this move' ,Weera said there would be no UDD protest that day but supporters of Thaksin had the right to go to the court to hear the verdict.

In other words, 'We, the 3 hired hands of our master Taksin (note the spelling) declare we have nothing to do with any violence that day because we didn't rally, though we have been running a TV station and protesting for months constantly using strong and violent language, inciting hatred mixed up with plenty of lies. We have not ,and will not accept any responsibility before we flee Thailand'.

Edited by Siripon

Wise decision by the Red Shirts to call off the demonstration on the 26th considering the Media Hype, including 7 new stories on Thai Visa today!

Considering the seriousness of the bomb attacks yesterday if they were to demonstrate for sure all fingers would be pointing at them.

However they will gain lot of public credibility and prove there course to be the just. I do recommend they continue there tactics of exposing corruption

amongst the elite classes which should cause enough loss of face to justify a General Election soon and restore democracy to Thailand.

I guess you just happened to miss the elections in 2007 ... that returned democracy to Thailand? There was no party that got over 50%. There weas a coalition that was led by 2 different PPP PM's ... PPP got knocked down for electoral fraud ... the same MP's elected our current government.

I guess you also missed where Thaksin happened to be the Ellite ... as do the leaders of the factions in his proxy party :)

But simply, not enough cash came in to pay Thaksin's rabble to go out and protest and after the Million man claim ... well if they showed up with only what they could afford to buy people would have laughed!

You mean the one TRT wone?

I did not mention Thaksin in my post but think the Red Shirts should distance themselves from him.

They are Thaksin.....PPP won and Samak told clear that he is a nominee from Thaksin. Than Somchai was Thaksins brother in law. Thaksin is funding the red shirts and he decide who is leading and who is not.

They fly to Dubai and there the boss decides what to do.

There are no Red Shirts without Thaksin. If you want an anti-corruption party go with the new politic party. If you want a left wing party, you won't find them currently in Thailand.

It would make discourse much easier if people would accept my opinions. joking.

Of course they cancelled the rally. When violence occured (courtesy of the militant wings, paid for by .....) they have "plausible deniability".

People are all aware that the Red shirt movement, at its very core, is not about democracy. Its financiers only care about money, and power. That's why the movement lost traction, and will eventually sputter out.

Okay, k. Veera, not Feb.26th.

May be 24 or 25 th Feb. or how about 27th? I will clear my appointment book.

And, allright, it might not be 'organized' in the sense that invitations are sent out in proper stationery and you manning the phone for RSVPs. Perhaps, a few people could get together, lighting petrol bombs. Oh, I mean, 'bonfire'. Real spontaneous. Anyone bringing marshmellow?

:)

Spending several days in Bangkok, and passing nearby the EC offices, nothing seemed too huge

as Ferwert AKApoleax BudsobPidsanambi and I suspect bedotsa , is trying to imply.

It really seemed a mini rally.

Seems this is a quick week for re-bans. Maybe a pair of Reboks should be given out for each re-banning.

Getting out and having exercise might be appropriate... :) .

Say there will be no rally isn't the same as not having one...

Send out the word quietly and then SURPRISE!

I guess the check are in the mail still.

Certainly something is still in the air since the PR efforts continue apace, with the red shirt re-branding effort in full swing.

Oh gee,

we are not what we once were,

we are now something totally different,

and not connected with the coming incident

that our efforts appear synchronized with...

yeah right, and bovines fly over extra terrestrial bodies.

Wise decision by the Red Shirts to call off the demonstration on the 26th considering the Media Hype, including 7 new stories on Thai Visa today! (still 11 days left)

Considering the seriousness of the bomb attacks over the past few days if they were to demonstrate for sure all fingers would be pointing at them.

However they will gain lot of public credibility with this move and prove there course to be the just. I do recommend they continue there tactics of exposing corruption

I like your line' they will gain a lot of public credibility with this move' ,Weera said there would be no UDD protest that day but supporters of Thaksin had the right to go to the court to hear the verdict.

In other words, 'We, the 3 hired hands of our master Taksin (note the spelling) declare we have nothing to do with any violence that day because we didn't rally, though we have been running a TV station and protesting for months constantly using strong and violent language, inciting hatred mixed up with plenty of lies. We have not ,and will not accept any responsibility before we flee Thailand'.

Not sure why not getting themselves charge with organizing rioting or inciting insurrection

for their Puyais benefit can be deemed a increase in credibility...? Make that Poo Yai.

Yes we are not officially organizing a rally so we can't be blamed for unrest if it goes bad.

But we won't discourage all those we have been inciting to make a stink for years on end,

from doing it at this place, at this time, that we won't officially sanction...

A bit of ass saving and technical law observance.

Oh yes they have the 'right' to do a lot of things,

but sometimes common sense will easily trump the right to do something

Yes you have the right to drive your car as fast as you can right into a tree on your own land.

BUT common sense says this is a poor idea, even if you have the right....

Edited by animatic

Spending several days in Bangkok, and passing nearby the EC offices, nothing seemed too huge

as Ferwert AKApoleax BudsobPidsanambi and I suspect bedotsa , is trying to imply.

It really seemed a mini rally.

Seems this is a quick week for re-bans. Maybe a pair of Reboks should be given out for each re-banning.

Getting out and having exercise might be appropriate... :) .

Say there will be no rally isn't the same as not having one...

Send out the word quietly and then SURPRISE!

I guess the check are in the mail still.

Certainly something is still in the air since the PR efforts continue apace, with the red shirt re-branding effort in full swing.

Oh gee,

we are not what we once were,

we are now something totally different,

and not connected with the coming incident

that our efforts appear synchronized with...

yeah right, and bovines fly over extra terrestrial bodies.

The maximum the reds could mobilize in Bangkok ever without payment were 2500 people, commies mostly.

Now that seems to be down to 500 people. Seems that some communist don't see the point why they should help a corrupt capitalist to get his stolen money back.

A large demonstration costs a lot. Say 100.000 people at 500 Baht per day. Side costs (food/bus/management fees/corruption/electric/screens) will be for sure another 500 Baht per person.

So that would cost 100 Millions PER DAY. Of course nothing in compare with the 72 billions, but still not small money.

Sort of a humorous digression if I may: The line from the story made me laugh;

Election commissioners have been provided rental cars if they must flee the office.

Who comes up with these genius plans? It's like Lucy Ricardo is in charge. (Or Peter Griffin for you hip and younger folk.)

Picture the scene now:

Guard: Quickly, run, run, the XXXX shirts are invading the premises!!!!

EC Commissioner: Quick, to the garage where we will get into our rental cars and make our escape, ummm once we can drive though the hundreds (or maybe thousands) of protestors that will block our exit. Hopefully, they won't be Toyotas with the sticky accelerator pedals. It would be a bid messy if people were run down and dragged under the fleeing automobiles.

Yes, brilliant planning. :)

Edited by geriatrickid

Election commissioners have been provided rental cars if they must flee the office.

Who comes up with these genius plans? It's like Lucy Ricardo is in charge. (Or Peter Griffin for you hip and younger folk.)

Picture the scene now:

EC Commissioner: Quick, to the garage where we will get into our rental cars and make our escape,

ummm once we can drive though the hundreds (or maybe thousands) of protestors that will block our exit. Hopefully, they won't be Toyotas with the sticky accelerator pedals. It would be a bid messy if people were run down and dragged under the fleeing automobiles.

Ummmm perhaps people remember that on more than one occasion the reds have attacked the vehicles of important people and wish to provide an "incognito" factor in protecting those that have already been threatened by sae daeng. See picture #4 ... then think back to April 7/8 in Pattaya as well.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/photosgalle...90412194608.htm

Picture the scene now:

EC Commissioner: Quick, to the garage where we will get into our rental cars and make our escape, ummm once we can drive though the hundreds (or maybe thousands) of protestors that will block our exit. Hopefully, they won't be Toyotas with the sticky accelerator pedals. It would be a bid messy if people were run down and dragged under the fleeing automobiles.

That's why they're using rentals. Who wants a brick through the window of their own car? You can thrash a rental and keep your own car safe and sound at home. Not to mention the anonymity of it all: "dam_n, which one of these hundred blacked out Honda Civics is the head comissioner in?"

Picture the scene now:

:D

My own mental image is of Fred-Flintstone-style cars, with holes in the floor, so their feet can reach the ground and provide super-charged acceleration ! :D

Gotta love this little bit of news ....

Veera says that they won't "organize" a rally .....

Veera says that Thaksin will get his money back ..... (Did Veera just say that Veera would overturn a Supreme Court decision?)

I’ve bought some yellow shirts with red shapes on them for Captain Scott to beam me to another planet.

Veera says that Thaksin will get his money back ..... (Did Veera just say that Veera would overturn a Supreme Court decision?)

I’ve bought some yellow shirts with red shapes on them for Captain Scott to beam me to another planet.

To be on the safe side I would add some big blue dots

I've bought some yellow shirts with red shapes on them for Captain Scott to beam me to another planet.

To be on the safe side I would add some big blue dots

and black trim.

Red-shirt will not organize mass rally on Feb 26: Veera

BANGKOK: -- Veera Musigapong, a red-shirt leader, said Monday that his movement would not organize a mass rally at the Supreme Court on February 26.

But he said supporters of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra might go to the court on their own to hear the ruling in the assets seizure case.

Veera said the red-shirt movement would not organize a mass rally that day because the assets case was just one of several cases which proved the double standard law enforcement.

Veera said if the red-shirt movement wins the war for democracy, Thaksin will get every single baht back.

-- The Nation 2010-02-15

A clear invitation to the violent wing to have a go. The reds denying responsibility in advance, both for violence and failure. No doubt they will stand by to accuse state forces of thuggery etc and then demand PM/government resignation. Reds cannot sit on their hands as they are clenched in a fist.

Quote, from the article: "Veera said if the red-shirt movement wins the war for democracy, Thaksin will get every single baht back."

"If the red shirts win the war for democracy" He said "democracy" which should mean total respect for the law and the judicial process, not government decrees to reverse judicial findings at the will of one interest group.

Desn't look well for respect for the right of all Thais to receive fair justice and for that justice to be not interfered with by people outside of the judicial process.

Frightening. You really want this guy in a position of power, probably a minister?

Picture the scene now:

That's why they're using rentals. Who wants a brick through the window of their own car? You can thrash a rental and keep your own car safe and sound at home. Not to mention the anonymity of it all: "dam_n, which one of these hundred blacked out Honda Civics is the head comissioner in?"

Why am I thinking that the cars should in fact be government vehicles with properly trained drivers with radios and well known and practiced radio protocols. And the cars, as a fleet for that day, under the control of the police or whoever so that someone can monitor their whereabouts, their safety, etc.

If I were a judge then the last thing I would want, in the given situation, is a driver I've never seen before, no idea what he's thinking, no idea whether he's a professional driver, no idea whether he might just flee at the first sign of trouble. No radio controls, or perhaps mobile phone contact back to the rental company rather than coordinated directly with the police. Rental driver doesn't know the police frequencies or radio protocols.

After all why on earth would a 200 Baht a day rental company driver want to get tangled up in a protest with the possibility of the windows being smashed, getting dragged out of the vehicle by an agry mob, etc?