The (new) Soi Buakow Market Project

maipenrai2010

Following in Naklua's footsteps, there is ongoing construction of a large covered market off Soi Buakow. The road is 1 block South of Pattaya Klang and 1 block East of Soi Buakow next to a 2 story apartment painted in bright pink. Know what I'm talking about?

I guess if Naklua can build a market off Naklua road and be successful, can this translate well to Soi Buakow? There are only 2 narrow roads to access the market. I'm wondering if the parking/footpath ratio will be equal? TiT.

I will try to get some photos. Do you think Soi Buakow needs this new covered market or are 2 markets already enough?

Theres already a market on Soi Buakow, are you saying there is to be a second one or are they going to put a roof on the existing one ??

Seems a waste considering its only there 2 days a week.

What is this market in Naklua you speak off .... the fish market ??

I don't understand this market thing.Markets are rising out of the ground like mushrooms here.Buakhow market has been tuesday and friday for ages but since recent times they have part of it going on every day of the week.Whenever there is a vacant plot of land,there will be a market in the near future.And all of them are busy,or at least creating horrible traffic problems.

Who told me that Thailand is a country of low wages where the people can barely survive?

It's on the road that connects Nahklua Rd. with Sukhumvit.

Numchai is on the corner at the lights, it's about 250m up the road from there.

I seem to remember posting something about this market in Pattaya News Clippings, It's a tourist night market right?

I seem to remember posting something about this market in Pattaya News Clippings, It's a tourist night market right?

The market that Pattayaparent mentions is the one on Sawang Fa road, connecting Naklua Road with Sukhumvit, a bit east of and on the same side as the post office.

Yes, there is supposed to be a new tourist night market a bit further up on Naklua Road, just passed the parking lot for the fish market. Haven't been, but I also remember that there's been a Pattaya News Clipping about it recently.

No it's a regular daily market just like the Talad Wat Chai on South Pattaya Road.

The good that comes out of building new markets is that there’s a minimum 2 metre regulation distance from one stall to another unlike the Soi Bhukoaw market which is less than one metre in parts and if you come across someone pushing a pram you’ve got no chance of getting past.

Not all new markets are a success and the one built in Soi Khaotalo is a complete failure and little used.

The old market becomes a bog in the rainy season yet still thrives and was told that the stall holders are reluctant to move to the indoor covered market as they claim the rents are to high.

Another problem is sub-letting where one Thai leases a dozen stalls then re-leases them at an increase.

Edited by nam-thip

well peeps, we have other choices besides putting up a market in an empty lot:

a) put up a 7-11 and let it fill it's area with food carts and "Buriram" t-shirts.

3) dump construction debris and garbage there

ii) breed a variety of soi dogs

5a) a TESCO LOTUS SUPER CENTER!

m) a highway overpass that allows you to get to Bangkok at the same time you already do

and the best idea yet:

1) a Burger King

Edited by anothertorres

Saw the construction from Pattaya Klang and it will be a football field.

DOH! (In the manner of Homer Simpson).

DOH (In the manner of you-got-it-wrong)

That is the new Futsal "pitch" . Since I had to look it up here is the definition:

Futsal is a variant of association football that is played on a smaller playing surface and mainly played indoors. Its name is derived from the Portuguese futebol de salão and the Spanish fútbol de salón (and coloquially fútbol sala), which can be translated as "hall football." During Madrid 1985, the name fútbol de salón was used, but since then, all other names have been officially and internationally changed to futsal.

Futsal is played between two teams of five players, one of whom is the goalkeeper, and up to seven substitutes per team. Unlike some other forms of indoor football, the game is played on a hard court surface delimited by lines; walls or boards are not used. Futsal is also played with a smaller ball with less bounce than a regulation football.[1] The rules create an emphasis on improvisation, creativity and technique as well as ball control and passing in small spaces