Buying New Car

In the US almost no one pays full sticker price.

What is the custom here in Bangkok ??

Is it the same ...... somewhere in between invoice and MSRP ?

Also is there a farang surcharge that applies like at other venues or do Thais pay the same price ?

Thanks

In the US almost no one pays full sticker price.

What is the custom here in Bangkok ??

Is it the same ...... somewhere in between invoice and MSRP ?

Also is there a farang surcharge that applies like at other venues  or do Thais pay the same price ?

Thanks

I am keen to know too. Perhaps there are better deals from the dealers.

:o

When I bought my new car I managed to negotiate a slightly cheaper price than advertised (around 50,000 discount). After this discount and some free upgrade options (leather seats etc), I effectively ended up with the top of the range model, but for a price a lot closer to the bottom of the range. :D

This was however towards the end of the financial year, and I think the showroom owner was more interested in squeezing another sale onto his books before the year end, than he was about making an enormous profit on my car. :o

As ajahnlau mentioned, most new cars such as Honda, Toyota etc. come with the years free insurance as standard, so I would say shop around and familiarise yourself with the options and extras offered by different showrooms.

Also check out the low or 0% financing offers provided by the car companies - it certainly helps!!

Good luck,

Rags