Need Truck To Move Furniture Pattaya To Chiang Mai

scorecard

A few months from now I need to move a pile of furniture from Pattaya to Chiang Mai city.

I'm looking for an enclosed van, for preference, or an open back vehicle (with sides), one size bigger than the biggest pick-up models, but not as big as a full ten wheeler, with driver, plus two strong guys to load in Pattaya and unload in CM, if possible.

Sorry I cannot provide any return loading but later I'll mention this on the CM forum and see if by chance any CM member wants something moved to Pattaya or somewhere along the way.

Any Pattaya members (or any members anywhere) have a contact for something like this, please.

When I took my job up here in CNX, my boss was moving some things up from bkk as well and used a service. They were reliable an timely. I can get you the number of the company if you want. They will most likely use some locals to pick up your stuff and bring it to them then load it for a large shipment to CNX and then use smaller transport to get it to you.

not sure if this guy can help he moved me from Samui to Pattaya 7500 baht and stored for 3 days. within hour of getting he we rang him and the stuff was delivered. he delivers fans to Tesco stores and comes back to patters empty so he wants back loads hence so cheap but give him a try. 0843622388. wrap stuff well as we had a few scratches. there are professional movers if you seach google who pack, room label boxes and unpack but they wanted 55000 baht. furniture not worth that

forgot to add he has big six wheeler which they sheet down really well, they usually carry stuff in cardboard so it has to be water tight with high sides.

Edited by NALAK

Last month, I went to Chiang Mai, bought some furniture, and had this company truck it down to Pattaya. They charged me 4,500 baht (transportation only), and everything arrived in 4 days. I'm sure they can pick-up your stuff here, on one of their twice-weekly runs, and deliver for you to Chiang Mai. I called Khun Toy in Chiang Mai: 0879186909. Good luck!

Last month, I went to Chiang Mai, bought some furniture, and had this company truck it down to Pattaya. They charged me 4,500 baht (transportation only), and everything arrived in 4 days. I'm sure they can pick-up your stuff here, on one of their twice-weekly runs, and deliver for you to Chiang Mai. I called Khun Toy in Chiang Mai: 0879186909. Good luck!

Thanks, great information, thanks for sharing, appreciated.

Contact your local post office.

Thanks for the information.

We've had some conflicting information on this so maybe you can clear it up, please.

One Thai friend says the Post Office don't wrap, and pick up, regardless of which PO you contact.

Another friend claims it's the reverse, if you contact a local PO they put you in touch with a much larger PO which is equipped to pack and pick up and deliver to the door. But this is third hand information, not from his personal experience. Also claims they are very reliable, very careful and much much cheaper than the commerical movers.

My son called twice (two different POs) and he also got conflicting information.

Can you share some more information, please.

Edited by scorecard

Six years ago I used a professional removal company to move my furniture from Phuket to Pattaya which I was told would be a two day drive to cover the 1000 kilometres.

The cost at that time was 16000 baht.

I bought some large cardboard boxes and packed all the loose items like pots, pans, plates, ornaments, small pictures etc, myself.

Five guys spent two days dismantling and bubble wrapping everything and loading it onto a small truck which was then driven to the removal van which was stationary somewhere on the other side of the mountain as the truck couldn’t get into my narrow Soi and the mountain road is so steep they were worried that the loaded furniture might shift.

I rode my motorbike to their yard in Phuket town which was hoisted onto the truck.

A super service………………so far!!

The truck arrived at my new home around 5am on the second morning as promised and to my horror it came with driver only so I had to make a few hurried phone calls to get a few mates out of bed plus a couple of neighbors to unload the truck as the poor old driver was knackered.

Assuming their still in business I’ll see if I can find the number if your interested.

Edited by nam-thip