Htc's New Releases

Tywais

This was the configuration I was given by HTC.

> New APN

********************************************************************************

AIS

name                 AIS

apn                 internet

proxy                 203.170.229.34

port                 8080

username        no

password         no

server         no

mmsc                 http://mms.mobilelife.co.th

mms proxy         203.170.229.34

mms port         8080

mcc                 520

mnc                 01

apn Type         default

********************************************************************************

DTAC

name                 DTAC

apn                 www.dtac.co.th

proxy                 203.155.200.133

username        no

password         no

server         no

mmsc                 http://mms.dtac.co.th:8002/

mms proxy         203.155.200.133

mms port         8080

mcc                 520

mnc                 18

apn Type         default

TRUE

name                 TRIUE

apn                 internet

proxy                 10.4.4.4

username         true

password         true

server no

mmsc                http://mms.trueworld.net

mms proxy         10.4.7.39

mms port         8080

mcc                 520

mnc                 99

apn Type         default

----------------------

ตัวที่สอง ที่ใช้ MMS

Name : DTAC MMS

APN : MMS

MMSC : http://mms.dtac.co.th:8002

MMS Proxy : 203.170.229.34

MMS Port : 8080

APN Type : mms

ของ AIS ผมทำสำเร็จแล้วครับ RC33 JF

APN : multimedia

mmsc : http://mms.mobilelife.co.th

mms proxy : 203.170.229.34

mms port : 8080

APN type : ลบทิ้งครับ มันจะขึ้นว่า not set

apn:mms

user:true

pass:true

homepage:http://mms.trueworld.net:8002/

ip address:10.4.7.39

port :8080

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have this problem from time to time. Usually it finally ends up with me getting a connection magically but not always. I've sat with my old HTC Tattoo next to the Desire, with identical APN settings for both, and the Tattoo had no problems connecting. Just saw a tread on XDA developers that others have noticed the problem as well and suggesting the radio rom may not be the best. I haven't seen the problem since the OTA update yesterday so perhaps the update fixed the problem.

PS. These are the factory installed APN values I took from the HTC Tattoo which is a official Thai phone:

Name: DTAC GPRS WEB

APN: www.dtac.co.th

MMS protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 520

MNC: 18

Authentication type: CHAP

APN type: default

Name: DTAC GPRS WAP

APN: wap.djuice.co.th

Proxy: 203.155.200.133

Port: 9201

APN type: wapgateway

Name: DTAC MMS

APN: mms

MMSC: http://mms.dtac.co.th:8002

MMS proxy: 203.155.200.133

MMS port: 8080

APN type: mms

FWIW.

Edited by Phil Conners

Guys, if I buy a grey-import HTC Desire is there anything I might be miss compared to the full Thai release? The only item I can think of right now (given I don't use Thaiscript) is the Thailand maps bundled with whatever GPS/SatNav application it comes with.

I have a HTC TyTN II right now and use Garmin and its Thailand maps quite frequently. Just want to make sure I won't be loosing this functionality if I choose a grey import.

Edited by Insight

Android 2.2 apparently supports Thai Script - that is due out for the HTC Desire this month (end of June) - so that removes the only real difference between an import and a thai version.

The official 'release' of Android 2.2 for the HTC Desire - i think the phone itself has been released here officially already

I asked at HTC in Fortune last week but just got a vague 'next week' from the assistant (in maximum palm-off mode). Might be worth a second visit.

I know my friend has reported seeing the Desire for sale in real shops (Department Stores etc) - the kind of places you wouldn't get Grey Imports.

Id give www.bask1.com a shot however, a few people have ordered from there (myself included) and whilst one person did have a few issues with the delivery outside of Bangkok, it all worked out ok in the end. Plus the 'high street' price is 21,900 and Bask was selling theirs for 19,700 (plus delivery) - so will save you a few beer tokens

I know my friend has reported seeing the Desire for sale in real shops (Department Stores etc) - the kind of places you wouldn't get Grey Imports.

Id give www.bask1.com a shot however, a few people have ordered from there (myself included) and whilst one person did have a few issues with the delivery outside of Bangkok, it all worked out ok in the end. Plus the 'high street' price is 21,900 and Bask was selling theirs for 19,700 (plus delivery) - so will save you a few beer tokens

Good argument - grey import it is!

I placed an order for the Desire from Tohome a couple of days ago. Checked with them about delivery and the sales girl indicated more stock will be the 17th. Well, walked down to the secretary's office and there it was waiting for me.

I ordered from Tohome because I've been buying from them for several years with flawless service plus they take my credit card.

Now for the price - 21,900. However, they tossed in a 16GB SanDisk microSDHC card for free which I was planning on ordering. Looked up pricing for that card on a couple of sites - ~2000.00 baht. Pretty good deal I would say. Oh yeah, they tossed in a screen protector also but being a touch screen suspect not too useful. :)

//edit - forgot to mention that the large manual that came with it is in Thai so sounds like it is formally here now.

Forgot to mention, the phone came with Thai language support already. Android 2.1-update 1.

It was a bit of a battle getting the tethered networking to work since I only have EDGE capability at home. Typing this now through the Desire connection.

iPhone 4 vid chat will only work over wifi, so I don't think it will be such a big deal.

Froyo (Android 2.2) has been delayed for Nexus One, so I don't know how HTC will be able to release it, together with sense, until after the official 2.2 ROM goes GA.

• 2 weeks later...

The Desire's 1ghz processor is just as fast if not quicker than the iphone and it costs less too 21,900 if brought here.

and nope dont know about HTC's with real and virtual keyboards (Desire's virtual one works well though especially in landscape mode)

I noticed yesterday that Sprint in US has the HTC Evo available now and i read that this is currently the best phone on the market.They are already available on ebay for less then 600$ but are locked to sprint.Is it difficult to unlock an android phone?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, quite sure. It's a CDMA device, it needs to be GSM to use it in Thailand. If you're patient maybe it comes out later as a GSM phone. IN the meantime the HTC GSM Android top of the line is the Desire. Nexus One, though made my HTC is labeled by Google. It will almost certainly have updates faster but miss the HTC features such as Sense (though I wouldn't worry too much about that, it's mainly eye candy).

Thanks, I also don't mind HTC Sense, so Nexus one is the best choice, but I wonder if it would be possible to update Android 2.1 to Android 2.2 Froyo faster on an HTC Desire on which Sense would be disabled ? I would like to know if Google will consider it as a Nexus one and update it to Froyo or if this Desire without Sense still needs HTC signal to update with other Desire phones ?

Because HTC Desire is cheaper than Nexus one for the same phone and the camera seems better ?

The Desire's 1ghz processor is just as fast if not quicker than the iphone and it costs less too 21,900 if brought here.

and nope dont know about HTC's with real and virtual keyboards (Desire's virtual one works well though especially in landscape mode)

I would have to disagree with that. I had my Desire for a month and could not get used to the virtual keyboard the reason for me getting rid of it in the end. I currently use an Omnia with a virtual keyboard but that uses a pen making it much easier to pick out the characters. I also had a play with a friends iPhone and I found that virtual keyboard much better to use. I did try some pens one of which was an HTC brand but it wasnt that good.

I would have to disagree with that. I had my Desire for a month and could not get used to the virtual keyboard the reason for me getting rid of it in the end. I currently use an Omnia with a virtual keyboard but that uses a pen making it much easier to pick out the characters. I also had a play with a friends iPhone and I found that virtual keyboard much better to use. I did try some pens one of which was an HTC brand but it wasnt that good.

You can't use pens on the Desire's panel as it is capacitive touch screen. It needs the moisture from the finger to react. You should have tried Swype (available from Market), that makes typing much easier. Since you already gave up I guess that doesn't matter now to you, but perhaps others can use the hint.

You can't use pens on the Desire's panel as it is capacitive touch screen. It needs the moisture from the finger to react. You should have tried Swype (available from Market), that makes typing much easier. Since you already gave up I guess that doesn't matter now to you, but perhaps others can use the hint.

That looks interesting, when I brought this problem up with HTC they never mentioned it.

You should have tried Swype (available from Market), that makes typing much easier.

Looked interesting but doesn't show in the Market. All information points to it being Beta and no longer open for testing. Found a place to get a trial version and will give it a try but seems no information as to final version release. Seems though there are many keyboard replacements available though I find the one on the Desire a big step up from my SE k790i ;)

Some information on it on Cnet.com

And from the Swype site:

Swype Beta for Android™

The Swype Beta is CLOSED

June 2010: Thanks for your interest, the Beta is now closed.

Please register here and we will notify you when the beta re-opens."

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to get DTACs mobile networks working on my HTC Desire that I have bought in England. I have tried all the apn settings on this thread, but no luck. After asking a HTC shop in Thailand they said the software won't connect. The phone is unlocked and I can use it for standard use (calls, sms) does anyone know why it won't connect, the people in the DTAC shop had it connected for 2 minutes, but then it would not connect again.

The phone has 2.1- update1

Hope this makes sense!

Problem solved - after 5 days of fiddling I decided to run the initial 'Setup Wizard' again to see if there were any hidden secrets in there. The second I pressed the 'Setup' button, the edge symbol appeared and has stayed connected for over 6 hours.