Htc's New Releases

Tywais

This weekend Froyo (Android 2.2) is supposed to become available for HTC Desire, although, if I understand correctly - first for European users.

If anyone has been successful in installing Android 2.2 on an HTC Desire, I would highly appreciate a report how it was done and what are the results.

I will put my SIM from Switzerland in the phone and try to update.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had the update for Android 2.2 on my HTC Desire, 90mg download, it wiped my APN settings but otherwise seems to have installed without issue, i will check to see that the system is working fine over the next day or so. Hopefully this will now support Thai font.

Most people seem to think the power consumption has improved (longer battery life). There's a long but interesting thread about the update here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=741491

Yeah I read that, so was surprised to see my battery die at 2pm today after a full night's charge. I wasn't using it THAT much... which is why I suspect that it may be the sync settings that have been changed.

Go into your settings and see what's using all the power. The screen is usually the biggest hog of all.

I get at least a day from Nexus One running 2.2, and I sync at very short intervals. If I use the Internet a lot battery drains away, but that's due to screen use.

So all having fun with 2.2?

I asked earlier but does anyone know of or has a clue as to when the new Windows 7 phones will be arriving in Bkk?

How do you think the Samsung Galaxy S phones compare with the HTC Desire?

Will the new Windows 7 phones make both the Samsung Galaxy S and HTC Desire phones may have to take a back seat?

You haven't noticed with which speed new Android phones are released these days? I think you can safely assume that Windows Mobile is if not a dead platform then surely dying.

....that is true of it's 6.5 version but the soon-to-be-released Windows 7 version seems to be a head turner! Besides having what looks to be cool features, a Windows 7 prototype booted in 30 secs - flat!!

I am personally (currently) leaning toward the Samsung Galaxy S with the HTC HD2 a close 2nd and the HTC Desire a tight 3rd.

If the Windows 7 phones turn out to be real contenders, some phone prices will fall!?

Windows is always windows. Lots of people would switch to Linux on the PC if it was easier. With Android it is as easy as it can get, it's installed when you buy the device, and it's functionally a lot more mature than Windows ever was. I think those yearning for the warm comfort of a closed architecture will probably buy Apple and those who wants an open architecture buy Android.

• 2 weeks later...