Htc's New Releases

Tywais

"BARCELONA, Spain--On Tuesday, HTC announced three new smartphones at Mobile World Congress 2010: the HTC Legend, the HTC Desire, and the HTC HD Mini. The trio represents some of the first devices that really showcase the efforts of San Francisco-based design firm One & Co since it was acquired by HTC back in December 2008. In addition, they offer an enhanced Sense experience and expand HTC's Android and Windows Mobile offerings. Let's meet each of them, shall we?"

More details here > Cnet

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Any idea when they will release Desire or Legend here?

From what I can see it should be sometime towards the end of this month. Below are the prices I've found.

HTC Desire retail price of 440 pounds (about B 21,000).

HTC Legend retail price 390 pounds (about 19,000 Baht)

Probably a few thousand more then the above prices depending on tax/duties.

From a HTC press release:

Due for release on April 12th 2010, the HTC Legend will come to market on the very same day as the HTC Desire and HD Mini phones making for an exciting three phone line-up for the manufacturer.

• 2 weeks later...
Some pictures in the below link. Some photos of the phone even. :D

HiTech Snook.com

Cheers Tywais. No sign of it in Phuket as of yet but then again it's not a nokia so no local interest :)

Abix? shop in festival has to have the worst customer service ever - When you can get someone's attention and interupt their snacking or video game playing they have no info or answers for you on when THEIR product will come - just a smile, head shake and "not sure". Went in there last month - "oh coming next month definetly before 15" "coming after Songkran" "coming one more week" "not sure when coming" Jesus Christ get a <deleted> clue! Having a friend in BKK buy it there and send it down rather than buying anything from these retards.

Abix? shop in festival has to have the worst customer service ever - When you can get someone's attention and interupt their snacking or video game playing they have no info or answers for you on when THEIR product will come - just a smile, head shake and "not sure". Went in there last month - "oh coming next month definetly before 15" "coming after Songkran" "coming one more week" "not sure when coming" Jesus Christ get a <deleted> clue! Having a friend in BKK buy it there and send it down rather than buying anything from these retards.

555!

That is so true!

I can't belive why no one opens a shop and get some phones from MBK?

You can get phones in BKK on average 6 months before they turn up in Phuket.

Every HiTech nerd in Phuket would line up to get the latest phones, incl. me!

Now the Droid/Milestone and the Nexus are OLD models, I guess by the time you can get them here in Phuket,

Android 3.0 will be out... I don't expect to see the milestone for at least another 3-4 months...

It's pathetic!

What a perfect description of the Abix shop! Reading your comment was just like standing there.

I don't even bother any more.

555!

That is so true!

Now the Droid/Milestone and the Nexus are OLD models, I guess by the time you can get them here in Phuket,

Android 3.0 will be out... I don't expect to see the milestone for at least another 3-4 months...

It's pathetic!

What a perfect description of the Abix shop! Reading your comment was just like standing there.

yeah it's frustrating because they could have did what I ended up doing today and that's call HTC in BKK where I spoke with sales Khun Nut and he is going to send one down to Abix for me should be here in a couple days. So... Abix do you really want to make a sale or what? Why does THE CUSTOMER have to do the leg work? but I see this all the time here it's like you are bothering someone when you try to give them your money?? It's pretty simple - customer asks question you don't know you call your supplier, find out info, provide customer with info, make sale!!! or continue with just shaking your head and smile hmmmm amazing Thailand :)

555!

That is so true!

It's pathetic!

yeah it's frustrating because they could have did what I ended up doing today and that's call HTC in BKK where I spoke with sales Khun Nut and he is going to send one down to Abix for me should be here in a couple days. So... Abix do you really want to make a sale or what? Why does THE CUSTOMER have to do the leg work? but I see this all the time here it's like you are bothering someone when you try to give them your money?? It's pretty simple - customer asks question you don't know you call your supplier, find out info, provide customer with info, make sale!!! or continue with just shaking your head and smile hmmmm amazing Thailand :)

True...

So what phone are you getting? And if you don't mind me asking, at what price?

Been dying to get an Android 2.1 phone here, but none are available yet. The Desire seems pretty cool or the Legend would do...

Cheers

555!

That is so true!

It's pathetic!

True...

So what phone are you getting? And if you don't mind me asking, at what price?

Been dying to get an Android 2.1 phone here, but none are available yet. The Desire seems pretty cool or the Legend would do...

Cheers

From HTC office in BKK the Legend is just under 18,000 and the Desire will come out in May (next May here in Phuket probably lol). Haven't heard or seen anything on the Sony Xperia yet.

Haven't heard or seen anything on the Sony Xperia yet.

I've been checking on that one at least once a week as that is the kit I really want to get to replace my SE790i. Sent in an availability request to one online shop for the Xperia X10 and waiting for a response.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine arrives next week :)

However have seen them advertised locally now but not sure if actually in stock at the moment (could be grey import I suppose) because HTC keeps saying they'll be available next month...

Most have advertised for about 20K with some asking as much as 25K

My final duty etc have not been factored in yet but it looks like it will cost about the same to import directly from UK.

Edited by quiksilva

I'd pay 20k for one - i could ask one of my co-workers to pick one up in Hong Kong where it retails at $4500HKD - which is a little under 19k - so 20-21k is about right to remove the hassle.

Any ideas where i can get one from in Bangkok? Any websites/links or suggestions mate?

With the Legend selling at 17,500 I was hoping the Desire would sell around 20,000. Just under suits me fine but I can't say I really trust buying anything online in Thailand. Hopefully shops in Pattaya will eventually have it at this price too.

The 20k is within my price range also. The only concern I have is that forums, including HTC, states that the apps can only be installed in the phone memory and not on the SD card. One member stated that after the OS and built in apps there is about 100MB left for user apps, browser cache, e-mail, etc. Not sure why they don't support the SD card for these.

^ I read that too, but someone mentioned that with 100 apps loaded he had only used half of the available phone memory. Also, if you root the phone there is an app ... i think it was called move2sd or something like that, that allow you to install programs to the sd card.

^ I read that too, but someone mentioned that with 100 apps loaded he had only used half of the available phone memory. Also, if you root the phone there is an app ... i think it was called move2sd or something like that, that allow you to install programs to the sd card.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Yeah I read that too. there is a process called 'rooting' your android.. now.. i have heard its good but Im not so sure that I'll actually want to root it (in every sense of the word :) )

If you are so inclined this site shows you how, as well as other things like installing "voice to search" which for some reason HTC left out on the Desire..

http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-desire/

Edited by quiksilva

This is the best price I have seen, should be about the same as I'm due to pay for importing (too bad I found it after i purchased mine in the UK) but here ya go enjoy :)

http://www.bask1.com/index.php?lay=show&am...5&pid=63064

Here's another link to whet your appetite

http://www.desirehtc.com/

Thats awesome, is it for real? Have you ever used this company/site before?

I am seriously tempted to give it a try...

Well I can't recommend them because I have never used them and don't know anyone who has.

I just found them via a post on a Thai forum (google translate in Chrome can be a boon at times!). Looks real though...

HTC officially says in May (on their fan page at facebook) but still not yet.

Edited by quiksilva

Well I can't recommend them because I have never used them and don't know anyone who has.

I just found them via a post on a Thai forum (google translate in Chrome can be a boon at times!). Looks real though...

HTC officially says in May (on their fan page at facebook) but still not yet.

The Legend is available on Shop4Thai for 17,500 but not the Desire yet.

This is the best price I have seen, should be about the same as I'm due to pay for importing (too bad I found it after i purchased mine in the UK) but here ya go enjoy :)

http://www.bask1.com/index.php?lay=show&am...5&pid=63064

Here's another link to whet your appetite

http://www.desirehtc.com/

Thats awesome, is it for real? Have you ever used this company/site before?

I am seriously tempted to give it a try...

I checked out the website with the help of Google translate and it seems they expect payment by bank transfer before sending any goods. I would be VERY careful with that, particularly in Thailand. Plenty of stories of people paying upfront like that just to be told "out of stock" and getting the runaround for months if ever they get the goods they paid for.

Just a quick update. I asked a Thai friend of mine to phone them to check stock and figure out the payment options. They said they have plenty in stock and they were prepared to accept a Cash On Delivery term. I ordered mine at 10:30am this morning and by 12:30 i had it in my hands.

They offer a 1 year in house warranty (Thai script based Warrenty card) and it appears to be the UK import - as its the UK based plug adapter.

Overall, very impressed with this company so far

Just a quick update. I asked a Thai friend of mine to phone them to check stock and figure out the payment options. They said they have plenty in stock and they were prepared to accept a Cash On Delivery term. I ordered mine at 10:30am this morning and by 12:30 i had it in my hands.

They offer a 1 year in house warranty (Thai script based Warrenty card) and it appears to be the UK import - as its the UK based plug adapter.

Overall, very impressed with this company so far

Just to add I have just come back from Fortune Tower and three shops there with good stocks of HTC phones gave next month, next week and no idea when they would be in. I think I will try a COD as you have suggested.

Ive had a little play with it - OMFG its fast, faster than a Tequila shot in a Gogo bar!

The functionality looks good, but ive only played with it a little bit as im in work right now, i will be able to give a better review over the next day or so.

It seamlessly integrated with Google and face-book, it connected to the office Wifi quickly and easily - but then you would expect nothing less from today's phones.