Htc's New Releases

Tywais

Just a quick update. I asked a Thai friend of mine to phone them to check stock and figure out the payment options. They said they have plenty in stock and they were prepared to accept a Cash On Delivery term. I ordered mine at 10:30am this morning and by 12:30 i had it in my hands.

They offer a 1 year in house warranty (Thai script based Warrenty card) and it appears to be the UK import - as its the UK based plug adapter.

Overall, very impressed with this company so far

That's awesome. Are you in Bangkok? I wonder if they will do the same to Pattaya....

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had a little play with it - OMFG its fast, faster than a Tequila shot in a Gogo bar!

The functionality looks good, but ive only played with it a little bit as im in work right now, i will be able to give a better review over the next day or so.

It seamlessly integrated with Google and face-book, it connected to the office Wifi quickly and easily - but then you would expect nothing less from today's phones.

You do realise that I'm practically salivating now... HURRY UP FEDEX!!

That's awesome. Are you in Bangkok? I wonder if they will do the same to Pattaya....

Yeah i am based in central Bangkok - I would imagine they will send it down to you in Pattaya, but i suspect they wont do the Cash on Delivery option there as they would have to send it via courier. I have no doubts that this company is legit - so you should be ok with the Bank Transfer option.

So far I am not that impressed with this phone. First the access to the disk and being able to sync with Microsoft Outlook were not that straightforward. Both require going into the phone configuration and selecting access to the sync or disk. With my Omnia both are available as soon as you connect via USB. Now I am searching for a Copy and Paste function and thus far I cannot see how it is done. Anyone who has one of these and knows how I achieve that please?

Hm, I don't know, I bought an Android because of it's native integration with Gmail etc, no interest in Outlook. Suggest for that a Winphone might be a better option.

There's a therad about copy/paste in Android here: http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f41/how...opy-paste-4579/

The Outlook thing is resolved although as I mentioned access to that and the disk seemed a backward step given that most phones allow access on connection especially to the disk which is available to Windows Explorer or whatever it is these days as soon as you connect via USB. I would have thought copy and paste would have been a must but from what I have read so far it is not available on the HTC Desire. However thanks for your reply and another link which looks very useful.

Hi Guys,

I just called BASK1.com and asked if they had any stock. He said yes so I ordered 2 handsets for me and a friend.

I'm in Phuket so they got to be sent down. I hope it doesn't take to long...

Can't wait!

Thanks for all info!

Cheers...

Did you have to prepay via bank transfer or did they accept COD ?

Hi, I did the same as you, transfered the money by my intenet banking and my two desires were supposed to be sent with thaiairways today.

so I can pick them up in the morning in Phuket town... I hope nothing went wrong...

You never know here. But he did call and gave me a parcel number. So, so far so good.

Good luck!

The next Android version (2.2 Froyo) is said to enable installing apps on the memory card.

That's why a Nexus 1 might be preferable to Desire - Desire runs the (nice) Sense UI, but that also means that HTC have to update their version of Froyo before release.

Fingers X'd that Froyo will appear via OTA in next day or 2. Tethering will be a God-send given how Pi$$-poor TTT have been lately in Phuket...

Great to see so many people jumping at the Desire - you wont regret it. The N1 has been a breath of fresh air.

Been playing with my Desire and am very pleased with the phone, incredibly fast. battery life could be better, but then I have been connected constantly to wifi and playing games, and downloading apps like sit going out of fashion!

All in all a great phone. Copy and paste works just fine. Will post about apps I love in the other thread.

Good news: My Desire arrived today.

Bad news: At 4pm I had a call from a Thai (no English). It was promised before noon, but ok, with curfew and all the fact that it arrived at all was pretty good. Let the wife talk. Could I please come in to Sukhumvit road and meet the transport guy as he couldn't be arsed to try to find us on the dark side. Didn't think that was particular good service but went there anyway, just to have to hang around ouside Numchai waiting for him for 30 minutes. I don't understand why they didn't just send it EMS, would probably not have made much difference to the price and much better service.

First impression - I miss the green/red call/hang-up buttons that the Tattoo has.

Anyway, will have to something to do during curfew tonight :)

Yeah strange they didnt EMS it Phil, but at least it arrives (albeit with a little fuss/confusion) - I was impressed with the service in bangkok.

The phone is great, hope you enjoy it!

Sorry to report that today the GPRS part of the phone packed in. Everything worked fine last night, this morning the familiar double-arrow showing GPRS connection was no longer there. Tried everything: First I called DTAC to see if there was a problem with GPRS/EDGE but they said everything was fine but they'd try to reset my connection, no change though. Moved the sim card to my old HTC Tattoo and there it worked fine. Wife's sim card in the HTC Desire, again no go. Tried soft reset (replace battery) and factory reset, no matter what, no GPRS connection.

Also some odd error that I don't know if is related: Wifi works and though that I can use the browser, but gmail says it can not connect, same with any other app that uses the gmail connection (gtalk, finance, marked, etc).

Will call the company in Bangkok to hear what they can do. Hopefully they'll send a replacement given it's only a few days old.

Oh, a third oddity came up. According to the manual if you create a backup (normally done automatically whenever a change is made to the phones configuration) it should automatically detect the backup following a factory reset and prompt the user to restore the backup. Not so, and this is the only way to restore a backup, so :)

Edited by Phil Conners

I tried dialing *900 and it gave me a push message in Thai. There was a couple of links on it but nothing that solved anything. Can you be more specific what you did to solve the problem?

Don't understand the link between *900 and Android Marked either btw?