Wooden Garden Furniture?

there are a lot of places around that sell cheap rattan furniture which is suitable for outdoor purposes...

however, if in a small shop don't let them see yer falang face and let the thai missus/GF do the negotiating...once on the way to the airport to leave on assignment we passed a small shop on the 340 hwy north of BKK that had just what I was looking for displayed out front; they saw me coming and I paid thru the nose...but it was 'must have'...

on reflection, shoulda sent the wife around later to do the purchase...probably woulda saved 50%...

the prices were totally ridiculous

Depends what your looking for... only last week stopped at the roadside to buy fruit, looked at 2 stalls along, they had large solid wood table all different shapes, and 4 arm wood chairs 6,500 - 7,500 baht. also benh type arm chairs...... The sort that most Thais have, rustic and very nice in my veiw.

Over the years have often seen places by the side of the road selling them just never looked at the price before..

cushions, cheap and easy to have the sewing lady make them, buy foam + fabric from the market, otherwise couple of weeks ago 'Home Pro' had the large one on offer @ 199 baht.

No idea on parasols or beds, in the Village a number of Thaies have parasols cannot see them paying totally ridiculous prices

Seems like at least once if not twice each Month in Bangkok at one of the three major "event" or exhibition venues they hold a "Furniture Fair" or "Furniture Show". I've attended a few and there are always some vendors with outdoor patio type furniture. All three venues have web sites that list the various events in English. Most do not have an admission fee.

Here is just one example of a show in March at Impact:

http://203.151.217.92/thaitradefair2010/TI...px/WhyVisit#top

with over 190 exhibitors and 860 booths you can look in advance of some of the vendors information

http://203.151.217.92/thaitradefair2010/TI...ExhibitorList/1

Try Bang Po area - Pratchrat Sai 1 / Soi 24; a long soi full of reasonably priced wood furniture.

Mickey is right. By far the best place to buy wood furnitures in Bangkok. It is a 2 km long one way street. Ask for Suwat in the first BIG shop at your left hand side. He speaks good English. Check out the rest of the street, lots of good stuff there.

• 2 weeks later...