Staff Resignation Letter (email)

You have other employees. They will be watching this very closely, guaranteed.

Try to handle this so that the other employees see you as a fair employer.

You've never answered the questions about his employment contract. Is there a contract?

If you want to handle employment / resignation etc., matters properly, then the foundation is a legal contract.

Thai labour law is quite comprehensive and is based on the best parts of the same laws from several other countries, but like all legal matters don't assume that 'you know the law'.

It's also true that the Thai courts are now much more serious about employment disputes and the courts have a pretty clear reputation, but like in most countries the Thai courts tend to be more on the emploees side.

I saw again, watch how you handle thios in terms of your other employees, perhaps after this guy has gone have a quick meeting with all your staff and spell out the requirements / the process of resignation. And make sure it's a two way conversation, push them to talk and make sure you listen.

May be should tell us the job and how much is the pay and you probably can find a replacement fast and may even a qualify one

Better still, put him on, so we might get both sides of the story.

SeanMoran! every page I look at and you are there. dont you have a life? stop putting in your crap, coz so far you have not given one good bit of advice on this whole forum. people like you make this website annoying!

many Thai staff tend to just leave at the end of the month, lucky you got a resignation at all. Thai staff are not Loyal, and will never be. it does not matter how nice you are to them either.

I think these Chinese firms have the right way of dealing with staff sometimes. treat them bad, pay them bad and make them work there <deleted> off all day for really long hours, the staff there show more respect for some reason. I look after my staff but they still shit on my in one way or the other.

treat en mean keep em keen comes to mind.

all you can do is look for another guy who can do the job. its a pain and there is nothing you can do about it. sounds like he is not that great anyway by coming late with a bad attitude all the time. if they dont like where they are working, they will not work there.

May be should tell us the job and how much is the pay and you probably can find a replacement fast and may even a qualify one

SeanMoran! every page I look at and you are there. dont you have a life? stop putting in your crap, coz so far you have not given one good bit of advice on this whole forum. people like you make this website annoying!

Thank you and I will suggest you monitor the active topics while I try to improve my behaviour tomorrow so as not to be so insulting as what you just wrote about me, you fool.

If you're really stuck for an answer, I'll come and finish the project for you, cash in advance.

Sean Moron, you are an absolute joke.....I'm guessing you've never completed a project in your life (except for your fortnightly centrelink claim).

Well said Onnut! :)

If you're really stuck for an answer, I'll come and finish the project for you, cash in advance.

Sean Moran, you are an absolute joke.....I'm guessing you've never completed a project in your life (except for your fortnightly centrelink claim).

Your wild guesses are offtopic

It's nice to know that random personal attacks are acceptible on this forum.

I will remember this tomorrow, so thank you for your help, ND.

Edited by SeanMoran

It's Thursday night and it looks like everybody has had a few after work 'libations'.

edit cos I forgot what day it is. Had too many myself.

Krading, thank you for your good timing and it would be good if we could just accept that the OP has found a solution and all be friends after that. If they leave me in peace, I'll go with the harmony,

If you haven't specified a notice period in his employment contract, well, you can't really refuse his one week notice. Try to work it out with him. He wants to get paid for sure, and is probably worried that he won't be. Why not do something that benefits you both?

Draft up a quick agreement that he will quit on X date (30 days from his notice) and that the company agrees to him leaving. Add a payment schedule in the agreement that says that he will be paid X at the end of the month and X on his leave date. That will re-affirm your commitment to pay him and him working for the next 30 days. You'll both feel good about it.

If he really doesn't feel like it, well accept his week notice and pay him. Make sure your other employees have a notice of at least 4 weeks written up in their employment contract.