Refused Tourist Visa

A mate has just been refused a tourist visa in Vientienne after 4 back to back only got 15 days.

Where is the best nearby country to get a Non O.

Im sure this has been covered but cannot find it....

Thanks for your help

Oh dear,does not sound to good for many. :)

I know many others who have had many more back to backs and are still receiving them, I think its the luck of the draw and whose window you end up at...

Went to Laos Wenesday & Thurday & got the Red Stamp after 4 consec Double Visa's, some people in the queue for collections had been to Savannakhet 4 times & were told they would be refused if they came again but were given Double visa at Veintiane, so my guess is the ones who went in Sept 2009 & had the Red stamp will be refused, I don't think it depends on your country as I'am British but the fun & games seem to be coming soon. by the way there is only 1 window , the other surprise was arrived about 9am & was given no 54, very few in line. The other odd thing was the Stamp was on the very last page of my passport so I now have to get a new one so hope I will be OK next time?? Good luck to all the applications at the end of March & keep your fingers crossed!!

Went to Laos Wenesday & Thurday & got the Red Stamp after 4 consec Double Visa's, some people in the queue for collections had been to Savannakhet 4 times & were told they would be refused if they came again but were given Double visa at Veintiane, so my guess is the ones who went in Sept 2009 & had the Red stamp will be refused, I don't think it depends on your country as I'am British but the fun & games seem to be coming soon. by the way there is only 1 window , the other surprise was arrived about 9am & was given no 54, very few in line. The other odd thing was the Stamp was on the very last page of my passport so I now have to get a new one so hope I will be OK next time?? Good luck to all the applications at the end of March & keep your fingers crossed!!

Yeh, they sell the first 1-20 to the touts that hang out around at the tables out front....Who then offer lucky punters a "fast track" service of filling out the forms and getting the visa back to you on the same day in a matter of hours..I was once offered this for the sum of 500baht but it seemed dodgy in the least considering everybody else has to collect on the next day.

Am not aware of anyone getting visa back sameday at Vientiane. Suspect this is just a fast track of getting the visa application papers in to 'guarantee' collection next day. There have been many reports of the shutter coming down at noon and unlucky applicants still in the queue being asked to re-apply for their visas the following day.

Yeh, they sell the first 1-20 to the touts that hang out around at the tables out front....Who then offer lucky punters a "fast track" service of filling out the forms and getting the visa back to you on the same day in a matter of hours..I was once offered this for the sum of 500baht but it seemed dodgy in the least considering everybody else has to collect on the next day.

There is (was?) also this 'Baby Huey' type guy (I think he's German) who has a regular routine of getting there early, taking a number every so often, then hanging around trying to get other farang to buy his number. He's easy to spot, not only because he's 300 pounds and seems to sleep in his clothes, but also because he keeps putting his cigarettes out and later re-lighting them, stinks like hel_l.

I am a Malaysian . My non o visa has expire . When i went to chiang kong to do a visa run they only gave me a 15 day stamp . I am wondering how many times i could get the 15 day stamp before i will need to go back to kl to get a new non o ? Help needed urgently . Thanks .

, so my guess is the ones who went in Sept 2009 & had the Red stamp will be refused,

I don't think people with red warning stamps are going to go back to try again.

My guess is that they are refusing applicants now because it is near the end of the free tourist visa period.