Embassies Issue Travel Advisories : Thaksin Asset Ruling

webfact

what was this government's slogan when it came to power? had it something to do with reconciliation?

This government has done nothing other than bringing shame to Thailand. Being it with the boat refugees that were sent to a certain death, being it the people returned to Laos, even when they were granted citizenship in Europe or the USA and lately with the Karen people. Next they want to forcibly sent 1.4 million Burmese back (They need the jobs, even though Abhisit claims almost full employment) and next they will send the army in again instead of riot police.

This government does not only spit on tourism but also on foreign investment, all in the name of the huge stimulus package that is suffering from immense corruption.

Although you have somewhere a point, You didn't get the essence of the actual problem which has nothing to do with refugees or repatriation of Karens (but I fully endorse your statement). Here we are talking about a corrupt politician who stole billions of THB from the Nation and hopes to get through with this by a couple of thousand proxy-paid protestors, who even cannot count to ten. But 500 THB a day means a lot for them and more than they can make in a day on their farm in this season. This crook, who once was PM, has been sentenced to a 2 years jail sentence and still wants to disturb the whole nation by his populistic "Hitler-shaped" call-ins to manipulate further these poors from the North and the NE of Thailand to protect his own personal but stolen assets. And all these troubles for one single crooked person? Other nations would have found already the answer to this, but Thailand is a gentle, peaceful country (hm) who doesn't want to forswear to these solutions.

But a solution, it is... although I hate it.

So sorry for this beautiful country where I like it so much! It's going down. A civil war is inevitable. So let it be... the country will be better afterwards. :D:D:)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more various scenarios are discussed the more precaution will take place. Thais are not that ignorant. I'm glad when nothing happens. Some seem to think in the opposite.

When I warned a friend in 1992 he ignored my advice of not to go near the mob and army. He liked to jog in the morning was in a good shape, but got shot in the back and was 3 weeks in coma. The Nation still has the incidence in archive I think. It was headline for many days.

The headlines at the end of february will be the after-seizure-parties in Hat Yai!!!

I hope to get my share!

Here is my simplistic but effective solution to the ongoing Red/Yellow problem in Thailand... :D

Take Thaksins estimated frozen wealth of around £2 billion pounds and divide it amongst the aprox 58 million population of Thailand! This equates to a comfortable life for everyone and prosperity for all. :D

There is only one condition - nobody can wear a red or yellow shirt in the kingdom again. :D

:)

To be save you need too avoid Thailand in Total. The other day i drunk thai man put a gun to my head, but he was to chikken to use it, after i went to police station and they would not do anything, then i started complaining about the police, then they wanted to arest me. But i just gave them the finger and left and nothing more happent.

Thailand is the wild west, get use to and live with it or get out of Thailand that is the only thing to do.

you sound a nice bloke! :)

why did he put the gun against your head?

the best thing in Thailand is to avoid confrontations.

He wanted to fight with some of my staff, so i told him to fuc_k off. He was scaring costumers away.

I follow some of these threads and can only laugh at this one and that it gets this much back and forth. Why would this even be a debate? It is common sense. Be advised. Use your best judgment. If you knowingly have poor judgment do not go or if you are there, leave. Nothing more.

:D Awright so I stay home. No go out. Stock up and watch the fun. Avoid places of demonstration ... Airport, Bus terminal, Railway ... Silom ...

On a serious note, one good look at history of Thailand, any protest or disagreement in political circles have resulted in mass action and reaction. Army gets involved, shooting, innocent dying, all the hoopla and hype and then calm for few year till it happens again.

Warnings by British or any government is in fact highly appreciated.

So back to my local provision store to place order for coming days. :)

Edited by FunkyGuru

Here is my simplistic but effective solution to the ongoing Red/Yellow problem in Thailand... :D

Take Thaksins estimated frozen wealth of around £2 billion pounds and divide it amongst the aprox 58 million population of Thailand! This equates to a comfortable life for everyone and prosperity for all. :D

There is only one condition - nobody can wear a red or yellow shirt in the kingdom again. :D

Erm, I make that £34.48 each. Hardly a "comfortable life".

This morning I saw 5 buses of soldiers armed with machine guns in Din Daeng.

They will protect the farang for sure :-)

You know the thai people i would of thought are not out to cause harm to falangs after all if we wern't there well thailand would not be generating money so i dont think we need to worry but you never know as i had a gun pulled on me by a thai gent over 5 baht as i did not have any change for the toilet and went back 10mins later to pay but he was angry and it got heated but i could'nt apologize enough but he was not interested and then produced a gun that was in pattaya so maybe we do need to look to go to other places and see how amazing thailand survives :)

On their website (Dutch Embassy) they even suggest not to wear red or yellow clothings!

That is very good advice.

The Dutch walk always after the facts !

De Hollanders lopen altijd achter de feiten aan.

Dit stond al eerder algemeen op internet.

De waarschuwings link werkt ook niet !

Peter.bkk

You know the thai people i would of thought are not out to cause harm to falangs after all if we wern't there well thailand would not be generating money so i dont think we need to worry but you never know as i had a gun pulled on me by a thai gent over 5 baht as i did not have any change for the toilet and went back 10mins later to pay but he was angry and it got heated but i could'nt apologize enough but he was not interested and then produced a gun that was in pattaya so maybe we do need to look to go to other places and see how amazing thailand survives :D

I think that a lot of these reported situations, i.e. above are avoided if you take the gentler approach to things as oppossed to the usual Farang " I couldn't give a F""K" attituded, I have travelled in many countries, most of them very much 3rd world countries and have been confronted with hordes of tribes brundishing guns, found myself in places at night that even the locals would not go to at night, just by purely being where one should not have been! and been in very tight situations where you get thrown in jail for just being present.

It is all down to your attitude to the people who inhabit the land and the country you are in. LEAVE your western Farang attitudes elsewhere and realize that you may work live or are visiting a foreign country where rules are different.

It really browns me off watching farangs acting as though they are something special because they have money, WAKE up and smell the coffee..

This looks like it could be a whole different ball game from the usual demos.

Taskin is wanted for a 2 year jail sentence! He has been good to the people of the North and North East (I will await the gripers on that one) He is presently advising the Cambodian Government! which happens to be the next country to Thailand!

Where does the border meet, Oh look the North East of Thailand!! Think about that one :)

The wealth that he accumalated either before he was in power or after afterwards I do not know, that is being decided. Is a lot of money!

So great caution is very advisable. DO NOT think I am FARANG I will be ok, if you happen to be in the area of trouble then you are just another figure in the crowd, goes for anywhere in the world.

Ultimately you will do what ever you choose to do, either ignore or take heed. If you find yourself in a situation where things are not good through ignoring the facts and advice then you only have yourself to blame!

But will that stop you bleating "I am a Farang, you can't touch me!"....BANG!!....'oopps solly mister I was just nervous and pull tigger by acident'

enough said I think :D

Have a nice day

Take Thaksins estimated frozen wealth of around £2 billion pounds and divide it amongst the aprox 58 million population of Thailand! This equates to a comfortable life for everyone and prosperity for all. :clap2:

There is only one condition - nobody can wear a red or yellow shirt in the kingdom again. :cheesy:

I might have exaggerated a bit, but hel_l everyone could have a party and make love not warrrrr!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Take Thaksins estimated frozen wealth of around £2 billion pounds and divide it amongst the aprox 58 million population of Thailand! This equates to a comfortable life for everyone and prosperity for all. :clap2:

There is only one condition - nobody can wear a red or yellow shirt in the kingdom again. :cheesy:

I might have exaggerated a bit, but hel_l everyone could have a party and make love not warrrrr!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Should be divided between tax payers and pensioners

You know the thai people i would of thought are not out to cause harm to falangs after all if we wern't there well thailand would not be generating money so i dont think we need to worry but you never know as i had a gun pulled on me by a thai gent over 5 baht as i did not have any change for the toilet and went back 10mins later to pay but he was angry and it got heated but i could'nt apologize enough but he was not interested and then produced a gun that was in pattaya so maybe we do need to look to go to other places and see how amazing thailand survives :D

I think that a lot of these reported situations, i.e. above are avoided if you take the gentler approach to things as oppossed to the usual Farang " I couldn't give a F""K" attituded, I have travelled in many countries, most of them very much 3rd world countries and have been confronted with hordes of tribes brundishing guns, found myself in places at night that even the locals would not go to at night, just by purely being where one should not have been! and been in very tight situations where you get thrown in jail for just being present.

It is all down to your attitude to the people who inhabit the land and the country you are in. LEAVE your western Farang attitudes elsewhere and realize that you may work live or are visiting a foreign country where rules are different.

It really browns me off watching farangs acting as though they are something special because they have money, WAKE up and smell the coffee..

This looks like it could be a whole different ball game from the usual demos.

Taskin is wanted for a 2 year jail sentence! He has been good to the people of the North and North East (I will await the gripers on that one) He is presently advising the Cambodian Government! which happens to be the next country to Thailand!

Where does the border meet, Oh look the North East of Thailand!! Think about that one :)

The wealth that he accumalated either before he was in power or after afterwards I do not know, that is being decided. Is a lot of money!

So great caution is very advisable. DO NOT think I am FARANG I will be ok, if you happen to be in the area of trouble then you are just another figure in the crowd, goes for anywhere in the world.

Ultimately you will do what ever you choose to do, either ignore or take heed. If you find yourself in a situation where things are not good through ignoring the facts and advice then you only have yourself to blame!

But will that stop you bleating "I am a Farang, you can't touch me!"....BANG!!....'oopps solly mister I was just nervous and pull tigger by acident'

enough said I think :D

Have a nice day

Have a nice day I like your attitude. I have also been in places where I did not know if I would live or die in third world countries, but by remaining calm and never carrying a weapon myself, which in a panic situation I may have tried to use, I have survived many situations where some one else with the wrong attitude would have been killed. I have been in situations where the other parties would have gained much by killing me. Remain calm, don't carry a weapon that you may think that you need to use. I'm wondering have we have crossed paths in some of the dark alleys of the world and not said hello to each other?

This response is so predictable. How can you not fall asleep as you read it? Blah blah blah. What a joke. Year after year.

How many people, farang or otherwise, has been hurt in any of this Thai political BS? Raise your hand. Thought so. Never has been, never will be.

10.5 months ago stood there 10 meters away from the burning bus... watched it explode. Hooray. Don't give a f&$%. What a joke. I just hope the airports get closed so I can't get back to BKK from USM next weekend.

L8

Why don't you look back to the year 1992? The foriegners missing and have not been found since.

This response is so predictable. How can you not fall asleep as you read it? Blah blah blah. What a joke. Year after year.

How many people, farang or otherwise, has been hurt in any of this Thai political BS? Raise your hand. Thought so. Never has been, never will be.

10.5 months ago stood there 10 meters away from the burning bus... watched it explode. Hooray. Don't give a f&$%. What a joke. I just hope the airports get closed so I can't get back to BKK from USM next weekend.

L8

Why don't you look back to the year 1992? The foriegners missing and have not been found since.

Maybe LB should stand closer next time? :)

Stay away from trouble and you'll be alright. Otherwise 'serves you right'.

I think the tourist shouldn't be afraid to stay in Bangkok as long as they stay away from the "hot spots" - where the government buildings are. After all, it is a big city.

...And yes, it is common sense to stay away from any demonstration with the Red Shirts, with my observation they are more "emotionial" than the Yellow Shirts. (Have you ever seen a smailing Issan taxi driver quickly get angry??? --watch out)

I like the idea of taking the billions of dollars from Toxic's coffers and giving it to charity. Who can argue that solution?

Farang should either:

a) Go home now or

:) Arm yourselves with GT200.

dear khun enlighted:

wait untill exxon wants thailand for gas rights.........................................................thaksin only has 2Busd. that is ashtray money to the multinationals.

if you think you are poor now...................................u aint seen nothin yet.

Yellows are much more dangerous..... they actually kidnapped, assaulted, killed people at the airport.... not to mention taking over govt buildings. Total nutters the yellows are when compared to the Reds.

Indeed, hundreds of foreigners were kidnapped, assaulted, and killed at the airport.

*mocking, facetious smiley inserted here*

remember, this is also a time for local gangs to get even with their counterparts, in fact it's the biggest threat of all. It can happen anywhere.

You mean just like under the "war on drugs" program when the police killed their competitors? I do not think so. This is just about a group of super rich and elitist trying to teach the poor a lesson. They have nothing but insulted the rural poor and every protest that they organize is wiped under the carpet because it is about Thaksin.

Thaksin might be a factor but in the North and North East is absolutely not the main factor anymore. It is about the fact that a large group of citizens are robbed of their votes and about the fact that they are called stupid.

If violence breaks out, it is simply because Anupong and friends feel threatened by the masses. I have not seen one violent demonstration by the opposition, something the yellow shirted people cannot claim. The protest gone wrong during songkran last year in Pattaya had everything to do with a large group of black and blue shirts send in by suthep and Newin who beat the hel_l out of the red shirt protestors.

Nobody seem to understand that you better leave things alone. The courts do not have any validity, this particular high court (administrative) was put in place by the junta.

I'm referring to the so called third hands and criminals who want to get even with someone. It has nothing to do with the red shirts demo.

Both the Yellow, and (mostly) the Red Shirts, have both demonstrated traits in which gangs have - both have caused disorder in the attempt to gain financial or political clout, and both have resisted the establishment in power. If this kind of activity went on a few km's west in Burma, or North in China.. well we all know what happens there.

I do wish they would move their protests and activity to another part of the year, perhaps during wet season on top of Phu Kradueng or somewhere like that.. that way people that love to visit Thailand each year and see its natural wonders and visit our friends around the country are not stopped at the airport by gangsters in Yellow shirts, or stopped at Victory monument by the Red Shirt gang.. it would make things much easier.

<br />This response is so predictable. How can you not fall asleep as you read it? Blah blah blah. What a joke. Year after year.<br /><br />How many people, farang or otherwise, has been hurt in any of this Thai political BS? Raise your hand. Thought so. Never has been, never will be.<br /><br />10.5 months ago stood there 10 meters away from the burning bus... watched it explode. Hooray. Don't give a f&$%. What a joke. I just hope the airports get closed so I can't get back to BKK from USM next weekend.<br /><br />L8<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Drinking and posting is rarely a good idea...