Is This The Best Thailand Forum

deejah

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way the forum looks i must say this is the better forum, it reads much easier and looks better. Content wise there is a lot of information here but more freedom there. I dont post on the the other forum just went there a few times to read.

its the most annoying, when it comes to discussing matters concerning sin sod.

its like a broken record! more like a simon cowell manufactured one. same old <deleted>, but as long as it sells (i.e. people keep posting about it) no-ones going to do anything about it.

unless your rage against the machine, that is!

Edited by tigerfish

alright everyone

you have been told and asked nicely that discussing other forums (in particular re-directing to) is not permitted on thaivisa

so, any more reference, hidden, veiled or otherwise, will earn you a warning :)

mean time, ive deleted a few posts with similar

I will wear mine like a badge of honour! :D

Probably the best.

It gets the job done but lost its heart and soul a long time ago...

I know this will sound cliche

but remember, the forum without its members is basically just some computer codes

so its up to each member to make it an interesting (but civil) place :)

The moderators here are first class, both with the information that they provide on visa legalities, and with knowing when to tell people like me that I've had too much to drink and need to go to bed. Of all the forums I have wasted my time on in the past, this one has the most qualified moderators, in knowledge and in maturity to tell me what I want to know, and tell me when I need to <deleted> for a night, like now. Good night all.

sounds like you are missing your mother.

That's funny. Was just thinking Sean often waxes loquaciously and I think his refreshing honesty about posting when pissed has put that to bed for me!

Edited by sharecropper

The moderators here are first class, both with the information that they provide on visa legalities, and with knowing when to tell people like me that I've had too much to drink and need to go to bed. Of all the forums I have wasted my time on in the past, this one has the most qualified moderators, in knowledge and in maturity to tell me what I want to know, and tell me when I need to <deleted> for a night, like now. Good night all.

sounds like you are missing your mother.

That's funny.

Yes well as a matter of fact I called my Mother this morning and she told me not to discuss matters of moderation here, whether good or bad, but she likes this forum too, and I'll not get so forgetful of the rules in my drunken escapades tonight.

Here you will find the most posters, the most posts, the best information on breaking news and information on visa situations. Like basically all Thailand forums though there is a generally cranky attitude and a lot of cynical posters and farang snobs who think they are better than everybody else because their girlfriend pays for dinner and they never paid a sin sod and they've been here 6 months longer than you have and their Thai is better and they have tom yung goong running through their veins and you are nothing more than a long term smelly backpacker here just for the sex and booze and don't understand what it means to be a white thai like them etc.

Ajarn is even worse in this regard. There are a couple of smaller forums with a much better vibe but I wont name them for fear of all them being ruined by a stamped of TVers going over there to tell them all how stupid they are etc.

Here you will find the most posters, the most posts, the best information on breaking news and information on visa situations. Like basically all Thailand forums though there is a generally cranky attitude and a lot of cynical posters and farang snobs who think they are better than everybody else because their girlfriend pays for dinner and they never paid a sin sod and they've been here 6 months longer than you have and their Thai is better and they have tom yung goong running through their veins and you are nothing more than a long term smelly backpacker here just for the sex and booze and don't understand what it means to be a white thai like them etc.

Ajarn is even worse in this regard. There are a couple of smaller forums with a much better vibe but I wont name them for fear of all them being ruined by a stamped of TVers going over there to tell them all how stupid they are etc.

I cop it quite a lot here, but I give it out quite a bit too, and regret some of the posts I might fire in anger the next day when I come to my senses once more. One trick I learned on another forum pertaining to Asia in general, albeit based in New York, USA, is that sometimes after writing a post in a thread like this, the best way to maintgain what little reputation one might have is just to close the window, and not say it.

Lately on this forum, around 10% of the posts I write, I just can before sending, and nobody gets their feelings hurt, particularly myself. Sometimes it's best to refrain from posting that which might inflame things. It might look gutless to behave that way, at times, but it stops things getting worse, and the integrity of the forum is improved.

Getting banned here and ending up there truly is the cyber-space equivalent of dying and going straight to hel_l. You have been warned!

Just your opinion eh ? Nothing more nothing less. :)

Yes that is my opinion. Rather than repeating my signature, why not offer us yours?

After all, you are qualified.

Thaivisa is of course the best Thailand forum. I hope no-one else is even thinking of looking elsewhere as Thaivisa, despite her well-to-do upbringing, pale skin and easy to navigate demeanour, gets jealous easily and will scratch your eyes out if you so much as lay one keyboard stroke on, say, a rough and ready, dark blue skinned forum with very little pedigree or upbringing and a lack of manners that is most shocking.

Despite Thaivisa's occasional playfulness, she can be a bit of a know it all who cuts you off before you can get a word in. She's never lost an argument and this can lead to longtime companions to seek a bit of mindless fluff on the side. The lure of something unpredictable, new, wild and open to any crazy ideas you have can be hard to ignore. Admit it, we've all been there, some short time - just a few beers and one or two posts; some long time and some even get hitched and Thaivisa never sees them again. Not that she sheds a tear. She can be very hard nosed.

But at the end of the day, when you've had your fun, you'll return home to the steady loveless relationship you know so well. You'll be greeted at the door with a hug by the same old faces, then told to smarten your ideas up if you want this relationship to last.

If Thaivisa was a drink it would be sweet milky tea, just like Mum makes . . . and a chocolate digestive with it too, if you've been well behaved all week, but don't get your messy fingers on the tablecloth.

Kids - Leave the malt whiskey and spice to those who can handle it.

I am a newb and only aware of Tdoor and TV. I hope people mention some of the other places because I definitely have the time to check more than 1 website each day.

No, please don't anybody do that because posting the names of other forums would be against forum rules. I am sure everybody is capable of doing searches to find what they want.

--

Maestro

Just curious, Why is it against the 'RULES"?

Thaivisa is of course the best Thailand forum. I hope no-one else is even thinking of looking elsewhere....

I only look elsewhere when I feel the occasional need to rant, flame, troll....post-21740-1266655619.gif

...libel, slander, intimidate; basically rip others to shreds while enjoying the anonymity of the internet...

post-21740-1266655671_thumb.jpg

Regards,

TT

:)

P.S. After several warnings, and near-suspensions over the years, the mods have trained me how to behave on ThaiVisa. It's tough learning new tricks at my age.

Edited by toptuan

Posts discussing Moderation deleted.

Gosh, that makes me hot.

Hotter than wearing my Thaivisa T-shirt in bed.

Have you got any ropes?

When can we meet?

To those who feel it getting warm in the room....

Don't let AlenaBrunetti's avatar fool you. :)

post-21740-1266656454_thumb.jpg

Below attachment dedicated to The Anonymity of the Internet...

Unit_14_InternetCartoons.doc

Edited by toptuan

Posts discussing Moderation deleted.

Gosh, that makes me hot.

Hotter than wearing my Thaivisa T-shirt in bed.

Have you got any ropes?

When can we meet?

Ms Brunetti, as you can see from my avatar photo, I am extremely good-looking when sober, and please don't tell anyone but I was indeed offered a job as a moderator once upon a time, which I declined due to a kidnapping problem a little over a year ago, so why don't you bus to Ban Chang tomorrow and we can play forum games to your very heart's desire, because I'm not just a wannabe moderator, but also very handsome on photographic occasions with the right lighting and some photoshopping. :)

Our posters are more cynical than theirs are. My sinsod was zero but I paid for my boyfriend's house. :) I haven't viewed ajarn website in months. Can't speak twenty words of Thai and I hate most Thai food.