Last Day To Enter Vietnam On Tourist Visa

Hi, I have a Vietnam tourist visa that expires on 29 March. I'm wondering if this means I can enter Vietnam right up to that day, or does it mean I need to be in Vietnam and out again by the 29th ?

Normally I'd ask the Vietnam embassy but I was looking to settle the matter this weekend to take advantage of the air asia sale :)

Thanks !!

you need to be out by 29th

Out of where? Thailand? Vietnam?

If the Vietnamese visas are anything like a Thai or U.S. tourist visa, I'd read the "expiration" date of 29 March as it'd be a real good idea to ARRIVE in Vietnam on 28 March, just to be sure. Then stay in Vietnam for whatever length they chop you in for, 15 days or 30 days, or whatever.

Mac

yes, just to reiterate, looks like vietnam doesn't do their visas the way TL does. should see on your vn visa a valid from (date) valid until (date). So the valid until date means it's expiration. by the way, I believe you should have until 11:59pm on that valid until date, not the day before (i.e. should be through evening of 29march).

I confirm that the OP's visa and the right to stay BOTH expire on 29 March. I had a similar situation with a multiple entry visa that expired 1 week after I entered the country. Since I was there for 5 weeks work, I had to get my Client to file for an extension which was granted.

If you need another visa, do it online with stayinvietnam.com and get the visa on arrival. If you do, make sure that your date of entry is set in stone, ie. you can't turn up any earlier or later than the date in your letter of invitation.