New Service - Eva Air - Toronto To Bangkok Via Taipei

Taggart

EVA to Start Passenger Service, Taipei - Toronto Flights begin March 29, 2010

****Celebrate Toronto To Taipei Flights Launch on 29MAR2010*****

EVA Airways is offering special fare for flights departing from Toronto to Asia ! To take advantage of these particular fares, tickets must be purchased before February 28, 2010 with qualified conditions.

This is a service I could possibly use... I seem to get to Toronto once or twice every decade. I went to their website to see if I could find out about the flight... i.e. is it direct Toronto to Tapei? etc. But I seem to have a learning disability when it comes to airlines' websites. I just want to know the routes and shedules, but I am forced to enter dates of travel, etc... and only get a bit of information in return. Never an overview.

Anyone know how I can find out things like stop-overs... if so, where? I gather Taipei is their hub, so it could be possible to fly to/from K.L. (rather than Bkk), but are there good connections with the proposed Toronto flight, or not?

I haven't flown much in the past few years, and don't have a credit card... plus I'm getting old and cranky... so I guess I'll be forced to use a travel agent if I ever fly again. Just another disincentive for an already abundantly unpleasant mode of travel.

Oops! stupid me... the OP's link was in two parts, and the first part (which I missed) had an article about the flight... seems it's direct Toronto to Taipei.

Edited by mohinga

I haven't flown much in the past few years, and don't have a credit card... plus I'm getting old and cranky... so I guess I'll be forced to use a travel agent if I ever fly again. Just another disincentive for an already abundantly unpleasant mode of travel.

No harm in using a travel agent. My wife and I still do. We only use the internet to double check that the fares he/she quotes to us are within the same ballpark.

... seems it's direct Toronto to Taipei.

EVA Air only fly from Toronto three days a week. They do a refueling stop in Anchorage Alaska. That will be good for the people who want a break from the flight, if allowed off the aircraft. For my wife and I though that's a negative. We prefer Cathay Pacific where we can fly direct Toronto to Hong Kong without any stops. I don't know if they have it, but if EVA has their Elite Class on this flight, then that will be a big plus over Cathay. For just a few dollars more, over the regular economy class you get a business class seat. The same crappy meals as Air Canada and Cathay Pacific serve though.

I normally fly Montreal-Vancouver-Taipei-Bangkok with EVA. The MTL-VANC leg is code-share with Air Canada. I don't think I'll be switching to Toronto-Taipei as it's a very long time to be sitting down. The flight from Montreal to Bangkok is broken down into neat little segments. Also, I would have to fly out of Toronto near midnight...don't like that. Only a significant discount would make me switch.