Trader Needs Internet Connection In Bkk

vedanta

HI everyone,

I will be living in Bangkok again from July. I trade the foreign exchange market using a visual trader platform. I was just wondering what the best internet server would be. I understand that this is Thailand and I am not going to get a really secure and reliable server, but what would the best option be?

I s there anytraders out there and what connection do you use? Many thanks. I would greatly appreciate any info on this topic as it wil depend on my income will for the most part depend on it.

It's a problem, especially with socket based as opposed to browser based platforms. For trading dial up CSLOxinfo is more reliable than TRUE. Ji-Net was Ok for a while but I swirtched back to TRUE when it became unuseable. Some days I have to sit there and do nothing because it's so bad. Problems are caused by packet loss, transmission halts and plain distance e.g one US charting package regards latency of 200ms as a fault - it is also the time taken to cross the ocean.

If you scalp you will have to adapt your trading style to reflect the latency, use hard stops and be prepared to switch platforms/brokers as some are more sensitive than others. as much of the problem is from the CAT gateway even paying up for a leased line does'nt solve them.

Although people rightly trounce TRUE internet provider, they do have a business package that is supposed to be very fast and reliable. It is calle dhte SME package and costs around 2500 baht per month. You will need a work permit, or a thai friend to subscribe to the line. It is about the best you can get at the moment, and is pretty good considering. 2.5mbs/512

Although people rightly trounce TRUE internet provider, they do have a business package that is supposed to be very fast and reliable. It is calle dhte SME package and costs around 2500 baht per month. You will need a work permit, or a thai friend to subscribe to the line. It is about the best you can get at the moment, and is pretty good considering. 2.5mbs/512

Thanks for info. I just stopped short of paying up for this package as while some said it was good others said it was no better than home package. Theoretically it should be better as contention ratio is lower and it runs on a separate (software partitioned) network route. You may get more stable bandwidth but I gather you are still affected by packet loss and the pulsing of the packest which causes interrupts and which are a major problem for higher spec trading platforms. Also as mentioned, my experience with even leased lines is that you are still at the mercy of CAT international gateway spec. My advice would be to check very carefully before committing to SME package - if you are getting what you are paying for then fair enough, but it seems not from what I have picked up.