Getting Tan In Bangkok

FuninPlural

Actually Bangsean is ok, a bit like the UK's Cleethorps. We drove there last week but even the road tolls were 110 baht each way. Maybe you could get a bus though, someone on this forum must know. You can hire a deckchair all day for 30 Baht. Go swimming etc etc. Lots of chicks, so go prepared.

Be warned, even if it's overcast all day you will still 'catch' the sun. It never ceases to amaze me, the beaches and bars littered with these red bodied and peeling 'aliens'!! Factor 50 at least!!

I look forward to your memoirs. You would have been much better coming in May as by then the high season would have ended, less visitors, cheaper and more availability of everything..anyway good luck.,

Actually Bangsean is ok, a bit like the UK's Cleethorps. We drove there last week but even the road tolls were 110 baht each way. Maybe you could get a bus though, someone on this forum must know. You can hire a deckchair all day for 30 Baht. Go swimming etc etc. Lots of chicks, so go prepared.

Be warned, even if it's overcast all day you will still 'catch' the sun. It never ceases to amaze me, the beaches and bars littered with these red bodied and peeling 'aliens'!! Factor 50 at least!!

I look forward to your memoirs. You would have been much better coming in May as by then the high season would have ended, less visitors, cheaper and more availability of everything..anyway good luck.,

I've had two friends die of melanoma. If you like the colour brown, find yourself a little brown-skinned girl.......most of them will love your white skin.

I've had two friends die of melanoma. If you like the colour brown, find yourself a little brown-skinned girl.......most of them will love your white skin.

Yeah, well it's also been proven the sun helps the body to produce vitamin D which is good for you.

I had a friend end up off the balconey of a 20 story building because of said little brown girl.

Pick your poison mate.

Bang Saen can be reached by minibus from Victory monument in 90 minutes. 110 Baht straight to the beach.

It is a pleasant place, good sea food, not many farangs around.

But the beach is littered with all kinds of junk, I would not want to swim there. Better hang in a deck chair, under an umbrella, with a few beers and good food. Avoid the sun - as all Thais do for good reason.

Yeah, well it's also been proven the sun helps the body to produce vitamin D which is good for you.

I had a friend end up off the balconey of a 20 story building because of said little brown girl.

Pick your poison mate.

Vitamin D deficiency is easily fixed by taking a vitamin supplement every day, melanomas are a bit trickier. It really is no contest when it comes to chosing your poison.

I have lived in Australia for 30 years, we have the highest incidence of melanomas in the worrld. I don't think I have intentionally sunbathed for 25 years.

I'd skip the beach and stay in the city and take a trip to Lumpini Park. Very beautiful, plenty of sun and shade and things to see.

lumpini-park_b1.jpg

Easy to get to as well, thirty seconds walk from Silom MRT station.

And plenty of these guys hanging around beside the water as well...

293641213_c1bbc512ca.jpg