'I Don't Want To Return As Bones' : Thaksin

webfact

TALK AROUND THE WORLD

'I don't want to return as bones' : Thaksin

By KITTIPONG THAVEVONG

BANGKOK: -- Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra last night appealed for an opportunity to spend the last days of his life in his motherland.

He also said he was ready for talks with the government for the sake of national reconciliation but added that he was "not desperate" for it.

"I don't want to die outside of Thailand. I want to return to die in my country. I don't want to return as bones and ashes," he said during a broadcast of his Internet-based radio programme "Talk around the World".

Thaksin also offered to serve Thailand in any role, not necessarily as prime minister.

"Please let me know what you want me to do. I can still benefit my country very much without being prime minister," he said, adding that he could set up a fund consisting of hundreds of billions of baht contributed by his wealthy foreign associates.

The fugitive ex-leader, whose government was overthrown in the September 19, 2006 coup, described the ongoing political conflict as a fight between the ruling Democrat Party and the opposition Pheu Thai Party, with the red shirts and the yellow shirts as their respective allies.

In his call for reconciliation, Thaksin compared Thailand to a ship in a storm.

"If the ship can survive the storm and reach the shore, everyone aboard will be safe," he said.

Thaksin said while at sea, people aboard the ship should avoid fighting, or else the ship could run aground or hit underwater rocks.

He also accused Privy Council President Prem Tinsulanonda and Army chief General Anupong Paochinda of interfering with politics, which he said had led to the "ongoing severe damage to the country".

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-24

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just Thaksin propoganda to get the idea out there that he still has access to cash to pay his mobs. The dismal failure of his Million Man March on Feb 20th shows that he just doesn't have that kind of influence any more. Thankfully.

Then stop making excuses and return to your country as a man with dignity and stand up for your personal actions, right? As for everyone, actions sure speak a lot louder than words.

I think the wrath and penalties are finally starting to sink in on him, that he's not necessarily above the law, and money can't buy you out of every wrong doing.

...And now we see a flip back to sad, victim Thaksin, instead of crazy, "I'll take all of you down with me!" Thaksin. We saw this before for a brief moment before the Songkran situation began, so I expect that he's just gearing up.

"Boo, hoo, my country won't let me come back...". Yes they will, but only if he's willing to face the music and take responsibility for his actions instead of leaving the dirty work to his minions.

Instead of driving his goals forward on the backs of the poor of Issan, (and their blood), I hope he decides to either return and serve his time, or give up and fade away somewhere else.

can some one tell me where is his motherland. he seem to have many, MANY FACES of Mr. T

His motherland is where ever his money is.

I'd like to know where all his bones are, as he definitely lacks a spine.

Cheap actor, cheap acting, cheap act!

But then he started his career as a projectionist in dad' cinemas.... :)

...maybe at the time his favorite movie, was the one where John Goodman slips into the role of Ralph Hampton Gainesworth Jones and Peter O'Toole as Sir Cedric Charles Willingham!

Edited by Samuian

I don't understand why the red shitts can't see this scum for what he really is.

The guy is so transparent you could use him as a window. Unfortunately, many choose to draw the red curtains and fail to see through him.

I think it's the extra income what keeps some going... things aren't necessarily seen here in the same light as farangs are used to see it.... and judge things like as they are, or better aren't seen by all the same way here, certainly not within the ranks of radishes!

Edited by Samuian

One post deleted because nick-names/slang is not accepted when referring to the subject.

Maybe i could have edited the post? but im lazy today so its easier to just delete it... altho i'm not too lazy to issue a warning if i have to do it again :)

adding that he could set up a fund consisting of hundreds of billions of baht contributed by his wealthy foreign associates.

So what? What exactly would that fund do? Buy cheap properties from government auctions?

Nah, he's talking about the Thai elite card.

"Please let me know what you want me to do?''

call the concierge in that $500 a night hotel in Dubai

ask him to bring a long rope to your room

now find a strong ceiling beam

throw the rope around the beam

make a loop, put the loop around your neck

i am sure you can guess the rest...........

I would imagine that there would be several suggestions on how he can serve Thailand best, the role, cost of position, responsibility, authority etc, is probably open for discussion by all entities. History will in all likely hood speak about T. and his associates as being in a similar class as pimps, including their contribution to society overall.

Whatever you think of Thaksin, he was the legitimately elected prime minister that was deposed in an illegal coup by the army. The Democrats were installed as a government; not elected.

If there was an election tomorrow, Thaksin's party would win yet again.

Edited by KarenBravo

Whatever you think of Thaksin, he was the legitimately elected prime minister that was deposed in an illegal coup by the army. The Democrats were installed as a government; not elected.

False -- Thaksin was NOT PM at the time of the coup.

True -- Coups are outside the law.

False -- the current PM was legitimately made so by a coalition formed after a legal election.

Unknown -- a current election's results. It is clear to most that Thaksin has lost major support after Black Songkran and his Cambodian adventures.

Ummm No

Thaksin was not the legitimately elected anything at the time of the coup.

The members of parliament that elected Samak and Somchai are the same ones that elected Abhisit.

If 2007 is any indication --- Thaksin's proxy party failed to win that one and they would fail worse even now.

May he be laid to rest one day in Cambodia, his present motherland.

can some one tell me where is his motherland. he seem to have many, MANY FACES of Mr. T

Not a very nice way to treat you Mother eh? GEEZE. If any of these rich an powerful individuals cared - even a little bit - about this country they might not be as self serving and self centered. All I seem to see is schemes to amass large sums of money and avoid contributing to the welfare of The Kingdom or beautiful Thai people (who really deserve much more/better).