'I Don't Want To Return As Bones' : Thaksin

webfact

Whatever you think of Thaksin, he was the legitimately elected prime minister that was deposed in an illegal coup by the army. The Democrats were installed as a government; not elected.

If there was an election tomorrow, Thaksin's party would win yet again.

Ummm No

Thaksin was not the legitimately elected anything at the time of the coup.

The members of parliament that elected Samak and Somchai are the same ones that elected Abhisit.

If 2007 is any indication --- Thaksin's proxy party failed to win that one and they would fail worse even now.

They just keep coming - the same old tired story - Thaksin was PM and overthrown in a coup, the democrats weren't elected - yada yada yada. Don't you just get sick of the nonsense some people go on with.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you think of Thaksin, he was the legitimately elected prime minister that was deposed in an illegal coup by the army. The Democrats were installed as a government; not elected.

But it would make no difference as the military would stage another coup, the PAD would sit in the airport and until a non Thaksin party is 'elected'. Not forgetting the courts would throw pro Thaksin politicians into jail and/or ban them from taking part in elections.

But it would make no difference as the military would stage another coup, the PAD would sit in the airport and until a non Thaksin party is 'elected'. Not forgetting the courts would throw pro Thaksin politicians into jail and/or ban them from taking part in elections.

Your frustration is understandable. But how about this. Accept that the dear leader's time of credibility has passed long ago. Organize an ethical movement based on core principles that you believe in. Let some time pass with no more red shirt type violence. An election will come. You might win. You really don't know if you do it clean for a change whether you are really correct that the will of the people will not prevail. You might be right, maybe there is no hope, but what is your alternative? Hanging on to a ridiculous dream of the grand return of a horribly divisive strongman?

HAHAHA... what a funny topic :)

well it's his idea to eventually return as bones, but might be even better if he does not return at all, not even as bones.

My dogs won't chew them for sure, and could be a reason for some idiots to fight for the bones, start to revere them etc... very dangerous..

Better the whole falmily leaves and loose their citizenship.

Thaksin also offered to serve Thailand in any role, not necessarily as prime minister.

Was that intended as a 'generous' offer :)

What an absolutely spineless whiner the man is. Let him rot in Cambodia.

The prison toilets could use a good wash. He said any role.

The red movement is gaining momentum, it will not go away.

:):D:D

This guy is a great comedian!

Seriously, you should listen to JT, I think his assessment is correct. The push for class equality and poverty reduction will not go away, but no-one will take it seriously while it is connected to the reds, and by extension, Thaksin.

Everything needs to be started again, with a group that has strong issue and policy plans, not some weak cover as one greedy man's army.

False -- Thaksin was NOT PM at the time of the coup.

True -- Coups are outside the law.

False -- the current PM was legitimately made so by a coalition formed after a legal election.

Unknown -- a current election's results. It is clear to most that Thaksin has lost major support after Black Songkran and his Cambodian adventures.

3 correct, one incorrect - 'unknown' everyone allready knows the outcome of the court verdict! Do you really think they are going to do anything other than take all of his money?

False -- the current PM was legitimately made so by a coalition formed after a legal election.

Unknown -- a current election's results. It is clear to most that Thaksin has lost major support after Black Songkran and his Cambodian adventures.

3 correct, one incorrect - 'unknown' everyone allready knows the outcome of the court verdict! Do you really think they are going to do anything other than take all of his money?

Did you just mix up the court verdict for the frozen founds and speculation regarding a future election? :)

Then stop making excuses and return to your country as a man with dignity and stand up for your personal actions, right? As for everyone, actions sure speak a lot louder than words.

I think the wrath and penalties are finally starting to sink in on him, that he's not necessarily above the law, and money can't buy you out of every wrong doing.

"and money can't buy you out of every wrong doing."

I think it would be depending upon which colour shirt you wear!

Did you just mix up the court verdict for the frozen founds and speculation regarding a future election? :)

Thanks for pointing out the error I must have read too many thaksins money posts .......and my friend beer Chang isnt helping me at all :D

There is hope still. When the real strongman is gone, Thaksin will make a triumphal return.
FYI the red movement DOES NOT equal to thaksin.

Which is it to be? If a red win means the return of Thaksin then it looks like the red movement DOES equal to Thaksin.

If he doesn't want just his bones and ashes to come back here then I suppose they could always stuff him. He's also near the right part of the world to start building a pyramid for himself. Thaksin, the mummified con man.

There is NO WIN in this situation, (It is a Thailand LOSE/LOSE either way) as usual the pigheaded stupidity of these people have forced the country to be yet again divided through their own shortsightedness! As I mentioned in another post, RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY do not appear here, only PERSONAL GAIN or Vengeful Satisfaction seems to be the name of the game!

Edited by billyliar

Just out of interest when are the next elections due to take place ?

I think it is on the twelth, if I am not mistaken...the twelth of never!

And what on earth is the significance of an "Election"? If the cap doesn't fit they will be out on their <deleted> at the next coup when the number 15 bus comes along!

Edited by billyliar

[

Seriously, you should listen to JT, I think his assessment is correct. The push for class equality and poverty reduction will not go away, but no-one will take it seriously while it is connected to the reds, and by extension, Thaksin.

Everything needs to be started again, with a group that has strong issue and policy plans, not some weak cover as one greedy man's army.

The most sensible comment on this entire thread...and all said in a couple of sentences, too !

Edited by RegularReader

Then stop making excuses and return to your country as a man with dignity and stand up for your personal actions, right? As for everyone, actions sure speak a lot louder than words.

I think the wrath and penalties are finally starting to sink in on him, that he's not necessarily above the law, and money can't buy you out of every wrong doing.

"and money can't buy you out of every wrong doing."

I think it would be depending upon which colour shirt you wear!

thanks Billy you're right. Depends on what shirt color I may be wearing. Its all about as smart as street gangs wearing different color "flags" and fighting over surface differences, when really, they are very similar and could be united. Such is human nature I suppose..

Could be worse, they could always ask George W Bush to be president. He's got nothing to do now

Wrong. The former President is now working with former President Clinton on the Haitian recovery project. It's alot of work.

The lesson to be learned from President Obama's mature decision is that everyone can contribute and that the experience of someone, even a man that was loathed by many, is valuable. I was impressed by the decency and sense of duty the 2 Presidents showed when they were asked. President Bush was gracious enough to accept and both Presdents Obama and Clinton were respectful of President Bush when the White House announcement was made. If you recall, President Bush the elder put aside his disdain for President Clinton and they did a good job on the tsunami file.

If political enemies in the USA can unite to do good, I hope that the same can occur in Thailand.