Doi Suthep View Destroyed!

dragonwong

It could have been worst, it could have been a Hotel :)

Dead right.

This is Thailand and here providing the money is right, you can build anything you want, at any time, in any place.

Beware if thinking about purchasing that lovely piece of land with the beautiful scenic views, because it`s only a matter of time before someone builds a whacking great monstrosity that by law can be erected only 0ne metre from the boundries of your property.

Quick answer to the OP; he is powerless to do anything.

It is actually 2 metres from the boundary, not that that makes much difference.

Why that stupid nets have to be so hight here, in my country they have golfranges as well but no nets at all.

When for a baseball field OK but this is just golf, if those guys play properly they don't need those silly nets at all. They are so ugly and visual very polluting, even more when getting old. They really have no brains here, can't think 'beyond money' and this will never be a civilized country for sure. Time to leave and let them r*t away togeher with their own kind of maipenraiers. Sad but true.

fool.gif

I think the stupid nets are there to stop the stupid balls from approaching your property thus eliminating the problem of balls hitting head and balls passing through glass :) .

I tend to think that a golf ball can be hit a lot further than a baseball but correct me if i'm wrong.

Why that stupid nets have to be so hight here, in my country they have golfranges as well but no nets at all.

When for a baseball field OK but this is just golf, if those guys play properly they don't need those silly nets at all. They are so ugly and visual very polluting, even more when getting old. They really have no brains here, can't think 'beyond money' and this will never be a civilized country for sure. Time to leave and let them r*t away togeher with their own kind of maipenraiers. Sad but true.

fool.gif

Good morning to you too, little ray of sunshine!

A friend of mine had a home built in an estate just off the Doi Saket Highway in San Sai between him and the highway was and still is a very large lot. A few months after he moved in guest what went up in the vacant lot, Karaoke Bars, yes not one but four of them. These bars were about 30 meters from his back walls. Sleep, what was that? Now he was not the only property owner affected by this. The owners and the estate owners thought legal advice but to no avail. By some chance the bars went up in smoke one night, since then no problem. This has been about 3 years ago. Oh yea, last year they looked out one morning and smelt something seriously bad and noticed a heap on the ground across their wall burning. The authorized arrived and found the corps of a Thai woman that had been dumped in the lot and set on fire. No word since then on that episode.

:)

fool.gif

here we go :)

fool.gif

Go easy on the hilltribe coffee in the morning  :)

Dead right.

This is Thailand and here providing the money is right, you can build anything you want, at any time, in any place.

Beware if thinking about purchasing that lovely piece of land with the beautiful scenic views, because it`s only a matter of time before someone builds a whacking great monstrosity that by law can be erected only 0ne metre from the boundries of your property.

Wrong.

I speak from experience.

Dead right.

Wrong.

I speak from experience.

Can't build a structure with windows on the boundary.  I think anything else goes.....

Dead right.

Wrong.

I speak from experience.

Sorry my mistake, if it has openings then it is 2metres from the boundary.

About how many rai of land do you think you would need to not be effected by neighbors who have pig and chicken farms and keep their discos open until 3am?

In the thousands and it'd need to be undulating and well vegetated to soak up any sound. If you had several square kms of flat land and plonked your house right in the middle and there was a karaoke bar near the perimeter, for example, the noise would still easily carry enough to do your head in.

Put a billboard up facing the driving range and sell advertising on it.

:)

Get a megaphone and heckle them...

Another good one, or how about bunging a couple of these under the net?

terradactyl.jpg

Reminds me of Pattaya Seaview Condos - they built this massive Condo building and obviously sold the sea view ones at a premium. Once the building sold out, the owner realised he had a good location and started on the second tower..... between the beach and the first one.

They all went snorting down to the Mayor's office or whatever but couldn't do jack sh*t, so their seaview condos turned into neighbours lounge view condos with the accompanying price drop.

TIT