No Wonder Carrefour Is Buggerred!

billythefish

Carrefour in Pattaya is excellent ??? so much choice, I usually buy way too much stuff !!!

Pardon!!!

they are not bad ,but certainly not excellent and we have stopped using them as their prices are going through the roof,see my Pattaya discusion on Carrfour.

you dont work for them ,do you? :)

Always amazed by the lack of general knowledge of some. To not know that anti-freeze is coolant I find incredible. And then to open a thread like this..... How does the saying go? Something like "some people think you may be stupid and then you open your mouth and prove it" Forgot how it goes but this is a classic case. Also pretty common knowledge that supermarkets move items around week by week so you have to wander around looking for whatever you seek and hopefully see other items and buy them. Whew!

• 3 weeks later...
isnt that the new store?

didnt know they had troubles

was at the other store on the SuperHighway in Cm the other day, had everything I wanted, but theyve moved the ground coffee to who knows where, thats the 2nd time theyve done that, after i memorised the layout

Memorized the layout? Good lord, I have gotten familiar with a number of supermarkets in my day, but never actually memorized the layout.

Why do you find that strange?

If you shop at some of these stores you need to memorize the layout! You pop in for a tin of beans and it has now been layed out with panty pads!

Otherwise ou would be there all day trying to find a tin of beans!

They (Tesco especially) practice this great annoyance regularly, apparently it makes you "notice" things!

To me, ( who memorizes the layout and only wants to get in and out ASAP) It only pisses me off!

I like to know where to go, I don't want to spend an hour pissing about in a maze trying to find out where they have hidden the Tuna!

Haven't been to Carrefour Super Highway in a few days but I noticed that they just changed the entire layout at Tesco Lotus Kamthieng and it's impossible to find anything there! Seems they moved all the cheap clothes to the front of the store to promote them. I too, have noticed the International foods thinning out at a couple of different stores around town.

isnt that the new store?

was at the other store on the SuperHighway in Cm the other day, had everything I wanted, but theyve moved the ground coffee to who knows where, thats the 2nd time theyve done that, after i memorised the layout

Memorized the layout? Good lord, I have gotten familiar with a number of supermarkets in my day, but never actually memorized the layout.

If you shop at some of these stores you need to memorize the layout! You pop in for a tin of beans and it has now been layed out with panty pads!

They (Tesco especially) practice this great annoyance regularly, apparently it makes you "notice" things!

To me, ( who memorizes the layout and only wants to get in and out ASAP) It only pisses me off!

I like to know where to go, I don't want to spend an hour pissing about in a maze trying to find out where they have hidden the Tuna!

Haven't been to Carrefour Super Highway in a few days but I noticed that they just changed the entire layout at Tesco Lotus Kamthieng and it's impossible to find anything there! Seems they moved all the cheap clothes to the front of the store to promote them. I too, have noticed the International foods thinning out at a couple of different stores around town.

Like others have pointed out its just marketing to change the layout once in a while to let people look and find other things. Make buys they would normally not do. Same as putting expensive products at eye level. Basic marketing but loads of people here are too ignorant to even know this. Must have been their education. The Thais are probably smarter.

The flip side of "antifreeze" is it actually raises the boiling point as well........... maybe the purchasing peeps at Carrefour aint all that dumb after all.

Then it would obviously have been better to state that on the packaging! Who in their right mind is going to buy Anti Freeze? (and I can read the labels...do you think any Thais are going to buy this?)

Yes indeed, those people at Carreffour are "SMART" in a sort of "subliminal" way!!!

Yes, anti-freeze is also a coolant which helps prevent radiators boiling over, but you are correct.  The typical Thai person who might be able to read English would not realize that and be put off by the "anti-freeze" labeling.

I was amused by a friend of mine. He wanted a printer for his computer. He happens to be tighter than the bark on a tree. I sent him to the local computer shop and they wanted 2,500 baht for an HP printer. He thought he could get one cheaper. On his next trip to Pattaya, he went to Carrefour and got a Lexmark for 1,700 baht. He came back up to Loei and was happy to tell me what he paid. There was no installation disk in the box so I helped him and downloaded the drivers from the Internet. It installed fine. The next message was to install printer cartridges. I opened the printer cartridge door and there were no cartridges in the printer. To date he has not been able to find the proper ink cartridges. Sometimes a good price is not a good deal. :)

isnt that the new store?

went to the Carrefour on the superhighway last week

they have done some minor tweaks on where the foreign foods & hi so foods( use that term loosely as thats where i found my espresso thai coffee) are,theyre now next row to the milk /yogurt section,it used to be over by the bakery, and now they have a new area for wines, and spirits? where bulk foods used to be, corner area past the bakery.

All specials are still right at the front enterance down the row, the usual suspects, washing power/ oils, coke, fab softener etc

before you flame me, my past employment used to be calling in on large supermarket chains, so i just notice these things