Win Xp Fatal Error

MKAsok

I've been trying to network my old laptop with my new laptop and beyond all the usual hassles with connecting a Win 7 machine to a Win XP machine/firewall issues etc. (now solved), I've run into a weird problem. When I try and share the root of C: on the old machine, I'm getting a fatal error: Bad_Pool_Header Stop: 0x00000019. The paramerters are: 0x000000201, 0x8832B000, 0x8831BA00, 0x0B400000. I'm pretty much certain this is not a hardware problem, since the machine is running normally in all other respects and the issue is not random: it only happens when attempting to share the drive.

The old machine is a Vaio, Win XP SP3, Intel T2050 Dual Core, 2GB RAM. I have a vague suspicion the problem is being caused by a corrupt registry entry relating to Generic Volumes, but I'm not sure. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

Update all the drivers. Pull the memory, clean the contacts, and reinstall--that's a memory issue you have there, pal.

But don't bother with sharing. I rarely do, not worth hassling around w/ a lot of BS. Just use FTP (Filezilla clients/server) or UltraVNC, instant file sharing/remote control w/ file sharing. Quick 'n' easy.

^Thanks JS. As I said, I doubted it was a hardware issue since it was not happening randomly, but I fully agree with your sentiments on sharing. It's a pain in the nuts. I'm going to use UltraVNC I reckon. I think I finally traced the issue (by using the dump file as welo suggested, thanks again) to an old piece of software called Lockbox. Uninstalled it and all is well.