Culinairy Orgasm In Doi Saket

ManilaLover

I have always preferred Giardino's on the 118 in the Sansi market across from the Equestrian Club of Chiang Mai. Excellent Italian food 100% owned and operated by a Thai family trained in Italy for the finer culinary arts.:D As usual I do not eat Italian pizza.:bah:

I have to disagree on that. I tried Giardino's pizza on the recommendation of someone else in Doi Saket. Can't say that I liked it at all, in fact I thought that it was hands-down the worst pizza that anyone ever told me was good. Stopped in at a later date and tried one of their pasta dishes. That was adequate though nothing special. The pasta and the Risotto was great at Locando though.

Like I said I don't eat Italian pizza :bah: and free advertising.:lol:

I enjoy good Italian-style pizza but actually I'm more of the fan of the New York and New Haven styles of pizza. As to free advertising, that's par for the course on any restaurant thread on ThaiVisa but it can be a dual-edged sword.

:thumbsup: New York ,Chicago or San Francisco style.:thumbsup:

It looks very nice to me, after visit the lake, my wife and I will enjoy real Italian pizza at Locanda.

By the way, pizza can only be Itallian. The Americans have tried to imitate it but because they have no taste, they put so many stuff on a pie, i can not even taste what i am eating.

And than they fight mutual which city has the best. ("No I don't like New York style, I want Chicago")biggrin.gif

(I am not serious) laugh.gif

Edited by Joop50

It looks very nice to me, after visit the lake, my wife and I will enjoy real Italian pizza at Locanda.

By the way, pizza can only be Itallian. The Americans have tried to imitate it but because they have no taste, they put so many stuff on a pie, i can not even taste what i am eating.

And than they fight mutual which city has the best. ("No I don't like New York style, I want Chicago")biggrin.gif

(I am not serious) laugh.gif

I thought the Chines perfected it just like spaghetti.:lol:

FYI i just did some research and found out that modern day pizza is credited to Italy. America just made it supreme.:lol: but it goes back to ancient Greece and Egypt. Spaghetti, sorry the Chines and Arabs get the blame on this one.

Edited by gotlost

I have always preferred Giardino's on the 118 in the Sansi market across from the Equestrian Club of Chiang Mai. Excellent Italian food 100% owned and operated by a Thai family trained in Italy for the finer culinary arts.:D As usual I do not eat Italian pizza.:bah:

I have to disagree on that. I tried Giardino's pizza on the recommendation of someone else in Doi Saket. Can't say that I liked it at all, in fact I thought that it was hands-down the worst pizza that anyone ever told me was good. Stopped in at a later date and tried one of their pasta dishes. That was adequate though nothing special. The pasta and the Risotto was great at Locando though.

Well, that settles it. I won`t be going and this also applies to my 279 American friends who are visiting me that have read this post.

Well, that settles it. I won`t be going and this also applies to my 279 American friends who are visiting me that have read this post.

You must have a big house for that many guest.:lol:

Just giving my opinion. Try it out for yourself; no skin off my nose.

Tried the restaurant in Doi Saket across from the Amphur based on the recommondations here.

the posts must be old-

Like most Farang/Thai wife ventures they will be out of their savings and closed within a few months with a for rent sign on the building and back to their homeland in a few months

Dont waste your time ot Baht-

Tried the restaurant in Doi Saket across from the Amphur based on the recommondations here.

the posts must be old-

Like most Farang/Thai wife ventures they will be out of their savings and closed within a few months with a for rent sign on the building and back to their homeland in a few months

Since this thread is about Italian restaurants -- and the only Italian restaurant across from the Doi Saket Amphur is the Locanda, how do you reconcile the above with the following statement you made yesterday?

Tried the Pizza at Locanda last night, what a great surprise! from years of getting pizza hut delivered her from town,to being able to get a pie Local was a nice option and they even had Anchovies

2 thumbs Up!!!

Anyway, I agree with your second statement -- to include their lasagna, linguini, and especially their Caesar salads! Will explore other aspects of their menu next time. Oh, and the owner, Roberto, an Italian-Swiss, is a delight to chat with.

[Has anyone tried that new Italian place in Bo Hin, near the 7/11, on the road to Doi Saket? Forgot the name, 'tho' it may be another Giardino's(?)]

the posts must be old-

Since this thread is about Italian restaurants -- and the only Italian restaurant across from the Doi Saket Amphur is the Locanda, how do you reconcile the above with the following statement you made yesterday?

Tried the Pizza at Locanda last night, what a great surprise! from years of getting pizza hut delivered her from town,to being able to get a pie Local was a nice option and they even had Anchovies

2 thumbs Up!!!

Anyway, I agree with your second statement -- to include their lasagna, linguini, and especially their Caesar salads! Will explore other aspects of their menu next time. Oh, and the owner, Roberto, an Italian-Swiss, is a delight to chat with.

[Has anyone tried that new Italian place in Bo Hin, near the 7/11, on the road to Doi Saket? Forgot the name, 'tho' it may be another Giardino's(?)]

I eat at Giardino quite often. The only complaint is I do not eat Italian Pizza and Locanda is never open when I go by such as now.

• 3 months later...

Been to Locanda 3 times now and gotta say it's the real deal.

Without getting into a debate about location, costs, etc etc, I think Locanda puts some other higher priced Italian restaurants in Chiangmai to shame. I've paid twice as much in two city Italian restaurants and received adequate food and service with attitude.

The food is unquestionably excellent and the service is good. Roberto is delightful and I am really happy to see that when h the is not on the pans, the food comes out consitently.

Well worth the 10-15 minutes from Muang Chiangmai.

Spaghetti seafood hard to beat.

Without getting into a debate about location, costs, etc etc, I think Locanda puts some other higher priced Italian restaurants in Chiangmai to shame. I've paid twice as much in two city Italian restaurants and received adequate food and service with attitude.

The food is unquestionably excellent and the service is good. Roberto is delightful and I am really happy to see that when h the is not on the pans, the food comes out consitently.

More like 25 minutes ..... unless you are a total maniac!

I like the pizza there, but they are always closed when I want one, only managed to eat there twice, and I live in Doi Saket!

Edited by sarahsbloke

More like 25 minutes ..... unless you are a total maniac!

I like the pizza there, but they are always closed when I want one, only managed to eat there twice, and I live in Doi Saket!

5 Pm on a week day, more like 45 minutes and he is still not open half the time.

Lingnoi sez it's good, I'll try it.

However, I've searched their web site and was unable to find the hours about which some are complaining.

So does somebody have some idea about when they are supposed to be open? Seems as if there is no lunch? Five for dinner but sometimes later or closed?

Lingnoi sez it's good, I'll try it.

However, I've searched their web site and was unable to find the hours about which some are complaining.

So does somebody have some idea about when they are supposed to be open? Seems as if there is no lunch? Five for dinner but sometimes later or closed?

Yes, a family business always has this potential problem. I would go on a mid-week night after 6pm. Try Tuesday-Friday and you should be safe.

Last time I tried the telephone number on a Sunday to get my fix, no answer.

Let us know how you go.

p.s. portions are quite generous, so if you like me have bigger eyes than stomach, go easy at first. :)