Culinairy Orgasm In Doi Saket

ManilaLover

Lots of complaints always about all thats wrong here. Almost the little pearls that actually make this a great country too disappear in a mental fog of desillusions and stress.

Doi Saket has such an unexpected little pearl, a real Italian in a very simple setting, but who actually serve 5-star cuisine for the price of a good coffee.

Few weeks ago I even tasted the best spaghetti bolognese ever in my life, amazing ! So if you are in for something different try it, it's worth the 20 min's drive from Chiangmai, great Thai food as well.

Service is excellent and on special days the Italian owner, his lovely Thai wife and the waiter might present you a mini concert or you can join a jamsession, all very musical people.

Locanda

Doi Saket, 7Eleven, at the trafficlights go right, 300 meter.

gnocchi-pancetta-ck-1723407-l.jpg

Careful, because somebody in CM really hate the Italian food (specially pizzas) :D

I love Italian style pizza...

Cooked by Americans.

Its just not in CM, I live in Doi Saket love Italian food but hate Italian pizzas. By the way if this gets out will have that mob of want to be food critics degrading our secrets. :)

Careful, because somebody in CM really hate the Italian food (specially pizzas) :)

Who, what, why ?

Pizza is also not my most favorite (also because of my dental situation) just once in a few months, with a lot of anchovy and olives. Usually I go for a pasta, gnocchi or a good minestrone soup, or just a salad... I'm getting trough the whole menu, want to try everything yummie yummie... :D

Orgasm on food!!??

If you really wanted to sound like an Islington Food Critic, you could have chosen a better term Old Chap????

Sometimes food can give you the feeling 'wow this is better then sex' (ofcourse you have good, normal and bad sex)

I'm not a food critic, just eat to survive with taste for good food, even dislike pretentious luxury locations. The real taste at unknown hidden places are the best.

When trying a new Thai I always start with a Kao Pad Kai, if that's good the rest might be good. Unfortunately most locals don't know how to fry rice the good way and most street-Kao Pad Kais are discusting, they just reheat boiled rice and call it fried rice, most locals want to eat very cheap, not tasteful. Indonesian style has more bite and taste.

:)

It is a nice little Italian restaurant and I started a topic about it last year and I'm glad to hear it's still going strong but I'm not sure if it is worth travelling in from Chiang Mai for, there are so many good to very good Italians in the city.

If your in the vacinity of Doi Saket I would recommend you check it out though.

It is a nice little Italian restaurant and I started a topic about it last year and I'm glad to hear it's still going strong but I'm not sure if it is worth travelling in from Chiang Mai for, there are so many good to very good Italians in the city.

Eventually you can also enjoy a picnick/relaxation/boattrip/fishing at the Nam Mae Kwang lake/dam just 5km north of Doi Saket. Unfortunately the past year the waterlevel has gone down 20 meters, it's a very clean and quiet place good for some intimate moments with your lover or yourself, not like the popular over-cultivated Hui Tong Teaw fish farm near Maerim.

Forgot to mention, the restaurant opens at 5pm

stuwmeernw.jpg

(for Thai families: don't go there because many evil spirits !) :)

:D

I have never been able to find the way to the reservoir, ended up at the bottom of the dam, dead end. :)

There is a road about one kilometer before you get to the dam, you turn left on to that road. There is a sign saying the road leads to a resort follow it until you go through a gate, then about 200 meters past that make a right turn and that road will take you up above the dam.

A nice peaceful place to relax after a good Italian dinner.

BB

• 5 months later...

Tried the Pizza at Locanda last night, what a great surprise! from years of getting pizza hut delivered her from town,to being able to get a pie Local was a nice option and they even had Anchovies

2 thumbs Up!!!

OK, so Locanda, in Doi Saket.

300 M up from Seven.

I'll give it a shot soon.

BTW, I love pizza Napoli with anchovy and olive.....:)

Tried the Pizza at Locanda last night, what a great surprise! from years of getting pizza hut delivered her from town,to being able to get a pie Local was a nice option and they even had Anchovies

2 thumbs Up!!!

300 M up from Seven.

If you go 300 M up from Seven you'll be at the WAT.:lol: You had better make a right at the light go about 500 M down the 1007, its on your right.

2 thumbs Up!!!

300 M up from Seven.

If you go 300 M up from Seven you'll be at the WAT.:lol: You had better make a right at the light go about 500 M down the 1007, its on your right.

For the GPS enabled, the Locanda restaurant is at N18.87009 E99.13591.

Eventually you can also enjoy a picnick/relaxation/boattrip/fishing at the Nam Mae Kwang lake/dam just 5km north of Doi Saket. Unfortunately the past year the waterlevel has gone down 20 meters, it's a very clean and quiet place good for some intimate moments with your lover or yourself, not like the popular over-cultivated Hui Tong Teaw fish farm near Maerim.

Forgot to mention, the restaurant opens at 5pm

stuwmeernw.jpg

(for Thai families: don't go there because many evil spirits !) :)

I like both of the lakes :)

But Huey Tung Taw gets most of my business because it is only 4 kilos from my house :)

huaythungthaw.jpg

I have always preferred Giardino's on the 118 in the Sansi market across from the Equestrian Club of Chiang Mai. Excellent Italian food 100% owned and operated by a Thai family trained in Italy for the finer culinary arts.:D As usual I do not eat Italian pizza.:bah:

2 thumbs Up!!!

300 M up from Seven.

Why do people keep resurrecting these old threads? Been caught out several times like this.

If you look carefully, the original poster has been banned.

2 thumbs Up!!!

300 M up from Seven.

Why do people keep resurrecting these old threads? Been caught out several times like this.

If you look carefully, the original poster has been banned.

Free advertisement for a none paying business?:whistling:

I have always preferred Giardino's on the 118 in the Sansi market across from the Equestrian Club of Chiang Mai. Excellent Italian food 100% owned and operated by a Thai family trained in Italy for the finer culinary arts.:D As usual I do not eat Italian pizza.:bah:

I have to disagree on that. I tried Giardino's pizza on the recommendation of someone else in Doi Saket. Can't say that I liked it at all, in fact I thought that it was hands-down the worst pizza that anyone ever told me was good. Stopped in at a later date and tried one of their pasta dishes. That was adequate though nothing special. The pasta and the Risotto was great at Locando though.

I have to disagree on that. I tried Giardino's pizza on the recommendation of someone else in Doi Saket. Can't say that I liked it at all, in fact I thought that it was hands-down the worst pizza that anyone ever told me was good. Stopped in at a later date and tried one of their pasta dishes. That was adequate though nothing special. The pasta and the Risotto was great at Locando though.

Like I said I don't eat Italian pizza :bah: and free advertising.:lol:

Edited by gotlost

Like I said I don't eat Italian pizza :bah: and free advertising.:lol:

I enjoy good Italian-style pizza but actually I'm more of the fan of the New York and New Haven styles of pizza. As to free advertising, that's par for the course on any restaurant thread on ThaiVisa but it can be a dual-edged sword.