Test Drives And The New Teana

seabassskin

Both the Honda and the Toyota dealers where live (Hua Hin) are telling me that they do not do test drives for the fortuner and the accord.

Honda's reason is that they do not have a test drive car and Toyota simply tells me that everybody knows this is a good car (!)

Does anybody know if the dealers in Bkk do test drives for these models? It would be a bit strange to me to have to order a car and "hope" that I will enjoy driving it.

Also went to the Nissan dealer and they let me test drive the new Teana 2.5 v6. Loved the interiour and the engine, which is much more impotrtant to me than the way it looks, but am worried about the resale value. Any comments on this?

I'm in Bangkok and all the dealers offer test drives - most dealerships even have the test vehicles parked outside and overtly marked as such. The Teena's 2.5 V6 will undoubtedly require higher maintenance costs than the 2.4 Camry or Accord and this will, I guess, negatively impact resale value of the Nissans, all other things being equal. You should consider a certified used 2.4 Camry from Toyota Sure if minimising depreciation is an issue.

I'm in Bangkok and all the dealers offer test drives - most dealerships even have the test vehicles parked outside and overtly marked as such. The Teena's 2.5 V6 will undoubtedly require higher maintenance costs than the 2.4 Camry or Accord and this will, I guess, negatively impact resale value of the Nissans, all other things being equal. You should consider a certified used 2.4 Camry from Toyota Sure if minimising depreciation is an issue.

Thanks, I will get myself to BKK, to the dealers there.

Yes depreciation is an issue along with the fact that I will probably need to sell the car quickly in about 2-3 years.

These certified used camry's are available at all dealers in BKK?

Nissan Teana is a nice car with a lovely V6.

Secondhand value is terrible, approx 50% in 2 years. Camry and Accord approx 80% in 2 years.

Just sold my 2008 Accord, payed new 1,5 mill baht, sold 70k km and 20 months 1.220.000 baht. Not bad

Did you have the 2.0 or the 2.4?

Looking at the size of the car would 2.0 be enough?

Sorry if this question has already been asked before.

I was having the Teana 2.4 before and went to the Accord 2.4 when I changed it.

I actually loved the Teana but it was before I tried the Accord.

Fuel and engine efficiency of the Honda is much better than the "old" Teana.

And space inside is about the same (same for the Camry actually).

But I did not try the new Teana, maybe they improved on fuel consumption? :)

I've been amazed at how many of those new Teana's are showing up, it must be quite a nice package being offered. I was just telling the Mrs. the other day that literally every time I have gone out lately I've found myself behind one of those Teana's at some point and they are well above the class of any thing such as a Vios for example, it has grabbed my attention that much...

As for test drives.. I'd never purchase a car I couldn't test drive new our otherwise and any dealer who prevents a test drive is off my sales list as it is just them being an arse and is just an indication to me of future customer service issues.. Even if I've test driven the same car at other dealerships numerous times before all cars are different no matter the attempt at consistency..

I've been amazed at how many of those new Teana's are showing up, it must be quite a nice package being offered. I was just telling the Mrs. the other day that literally every time I have gone out lately I've found myself behind one of those Teana's at some point and they are well above the class of any thing such as a Vios for example, it has grabbed my attention that much...

As for test drives.. I'd never purchase a car I couldn't test drive new our otherwise and any dealer who prevents a test drive is off my sales list as it is just them being an arse and is just an indication to me of future customer service issues.. Even if I've test driven the same car at other dealerships numerous times before all cars are different no matter the attempt at consistency..

Could anybody comment on the honda accord 2.0/ 2.4?

I am wondering if the difference is big enough to pay the extra amount.

Read on some sites that the 2.0 feels more "sporty", and that even at 150-160 KP/H it still is quiet?

The dealers up country normally offer test drives. The test vehicle is likely to be an employee's car. Some of the higher placed employees have a car furnished and part of the deal is that it must be available for test drives.