Unfair Dismissal Legal?

I have worked for an American firm in northern Thailand for the past 2 years. They are a Christian business that does work for both religious and non religious groups. When i was hired 2 years ago it was a well known fact that i was not religious. Basically they have introduced bible study meetings every Monday morning for 1.5 hours. When i informed my boss i am not religious and will not attend these meetings he said either i go or i will be fired. I mentioned how this is illegal in America his retort was that this is Thailand and not America and although it is a bible study they are also lessons on how to live life and do well at work. is this legal?

The case here, should you pursue legal actions, is for you to proof that your were fired based solely on religion. I would suggest that you document these sessions.

I was in a large organization where religious teachings were used but the instructors were professional enough not to make the sessions religious. It is okay, IMO, to sites passages from the Bible or the Qur’an as long as I am not forced to commit to religious activities or convert. Remember to separate the messages from the messengers. Just because a doctor gave an opinion that doesn't mean he/she is offering a medical advice.

PS: I am not religious nor Catholic, but I did graduated from a private Catholic university. One of the required course was the Torah. To make a long story short, I was enlightened from an intellectual and spiritual perspectives. The instructor was extremely professional in that he did not make me uncomfortable. The course was completely religious free.

Edited by tripplejjj