Thai Step Daugter Needs Friends In The Midlands

I live in the West Midlands with my Thai wife and since last May my wifes 14 year old daughter has been living with us,she goes to school here.She has friends she hangs around with at school but they never meet outside school and she needs some Thai mates of similar age so she can have a rattle,tried putting notes up at the local temple but nothing.

Can't be the only Thai girl in the same situation surely

Thanks

I know for a fact that there is a lot of Thai students at Aston Uni, a bit older than your daughter maybe, but at least some contact. They have some kind of club there, am not sure if it is mentioned on the Uni website.

Good luck

I know for a fact that there is a lot of Thai students at Aston Uni, a bit older than your daughter maybe, but at least some contact. They have some kind of club there, am not sure if it is mentioned on the Uni website.

Good luck

Mr Google suggests you check out the following.

Mac

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=83211039268

Aston University Thai Society

Join

Wall

Info

Discussions

Photos

Basic Info

Name:Aston University Thai SocietyCategory:Student Groups - Alumni GroupsDescription:Society for Thai students in Aston UniversityPrivacy Type:Open: All content is public

My 10 year old daughter (in the New Forest) would probably appreciate contacts in a similar position but I am more than slightly concerned about safe ways of doing this. She spends a lot of time prattling on with her cousin via live messenger so this sort of thing may be a way forward if you know how this all works. Social networking sites confuse me but they may be a suitable way forward - sorry shows my age!!!

If anyone knows a safe way of introducing young Thai speakers on-line suggestions would be appreciated!