I Wanna Kill Him.

I am (it seems) forever telling people not to knock on the glass of my fish tank. I had a 8" Flowerhorn, which I had temporarily housed out side with some 20 Koi. The Flowerhorn was there as I was carrying out a repair to the tank. Yesterday, I caught the Burmese boy, who my wife has staying here while she sends him to school, jumping into the concrete pond where the Koi + Flowerhorn were. I stopped him, but the damage had been done. All the fish dead from shock. :) Some of those Koi I'd had for 4 years, not pedigree but some nice looking fish.

Why don't people listen, instead of looking at me as if I don't know what I'm talking about

When the school year finishes, he's gone. We have taken him every where with us on outings and parties etc. Even KP duty at school for breaking a window hasn't taught him any lessons.

Have him collect the dead fish and tell the punk he is responsible for their death.

Then put the fish in a box in a room with him and tell him to look at what he did. Let him see the damage.

I don't care how young a kid is, seeing the damage and looking at it does have an impact. Cleaning up the mess teaches taking responsibility for one's bad behaviour.

My alternative solution is to tell him that if he steps out of line again, he will go join the other Burmese waifs shelling shrimp, where they are chained to a work table in a smelly damp poorly lit room.

explain to him the damage done (in your eyes. to him it was just fun to jump in a pool, os what if there are fish there. fish are to be eaten anyhow...).. and then have him work off the debt on at least a few of them or one of them depending on real cost for a kid to pay back...

bina

My wife has explained it to him already. He knows I'm angry, but working off the damage done will take him forever. Not because of the amount, but he just sneaks off to be with his mates if you don't watch him constantly. My wife was already sending him back to his mum after the school year is done, because he hasn't kept to his side of the bargain with my wife.

That deal was basically take out the rubbish, and water the flowers. He doesn't do that if he can get out of it.