A Tin Of Pledge For 307 Baht!

Richb2004v2

I'm always complaining to my wife that the cleaner doesn't do a good job cleaning the surfaces. I was annoyed that she just uses water so the dust very quickly resettles. 'Has she never heard of polish!!' :D I asked. So I went to TESCO today to buy her some. Well, once I found it I understood why :) . It was 307 baht!! Cor blimey. That's over 6 of my quickly dropping English pounds for a tin of Pledge. So it will be water for me now :D . I didn't see any alternative type of cleaner though. There were scores of oven cleaners, window cleaner, kitchen cleaners and bathroom cleaners, but no furniture polish. I wonder why?

We gave up looking for furniture polish, the spray type, we use Holys leather and vinyl polish, (black carton, Union Jack logo), which comes in liquid form. My wife thinks we bought it from the small Tesco, in Phetchabun. Keeps my electric guitar sparkling clean, and also works on our wooden furniture and cleans the sofa. Sorry can't give you the price, the lid is missing from the box, but it can't be that expensive - I'm from Scotland. :)

You could always sack the cleaner and get a Goblin Teasmaid - wake up with a smile every morning. :D

Talking of polishing, which we were, we had to bring over our own supply of yellow dusters from the UK, as we couldn't find them here. haven't looked recently to see if theyre available. Most Thai people seem to just use old clothes for cleaning things. :)

Yes, dusters or any kind of cleaning cloth seems to be something that is difficult to find here too. All I've eve been able to find are cloths that are totally none absorbent. I use old cloths too, but the problem is my cloths tend to last me a very very long time. Luckily the socks I but here are cheap but last only a few months, even when hardly worn, so I just use them.

Squeeze the juice out of a lemon or lime.

If you don't happen to one, then grab a container of citrus juice and pour out about four tablespoons into a small spray bottle.

Mix the lemon juice with three tablespoons water and two teaspoons olive oil. Put the sprayer in the bottle and shake well.

You now have a wonderful homemade furniture polish.

Anytime you want to polish your furniture, you should make a new batch, as the olive oil may become rancid if you only polish your furniture once a month.

Use a soft terry cloth instead of paper towel. The cloth just seems to give a better shine to the furniture.

Edited by pgs

Squeeze the juice out of a lemon or lime.

If you don't happen to one, then grab a container of citrus juice and pour out about four tablespoons into a small spray bottle.

Mix the lemon juice with three tablespoons water and two teaspoons olive oil. Put the sprayer in the bottle and shake well.

You now have a wonderful homemade furniture polish.

Anytime you want to polish your furniture, you should make a new batch, as the olive oil may become rancid if you only polish your furniture once a month.

Use a soft terry cloth instead of paper towel. The cloth just seems to give a better shine to the furniture.

Thanks for the 'recipe' we'll try it. Luckily we brought my dear old Mum's tablespoon with us from the Uk - they're impossible to get here, at least where we live. :)

Whoops. Sorry, don't know how i ended up in the Ladies forum :D

Would you feel any better if we were talking the price of Mr Muscle? :D

Actually that might make you think you were in the gay forum :)

Edited by Richb2004v2

Richard, most really dont give a dam_n here about that sort of thing, they probably figure those with decent enuf furniture to warrant polishing can afford to pay for it.

I dont use that stuff, I have a sabco micro fibre cloth, it takes all the dust away when you wipe and can simply be rinsed with water then used again. Beats spraying chemicals around.

Yes, dusters or any kind of cleaning cloth seems to be something that is difficult to find here too. All I've eve been able to find are cloths that are totally none absorbent. I use old cloths too, but the problem is my cloths tend to last me a very very long time. Luckily the socks I but here are cheap but last only a few months, even when hardly worn, so I just use them.

My wife actually sends cleaning clothes from Marks & Spencer in the UK back to friends and family in Thailand!! I used to think it was crazy but they swear by them and insist on taking us out for dinner in return whenever we come over :)

I bring a couple of large packs of J cloths from the UK every 6 months and having seen the price of polish in Tesco here had already marked up my list to bring a tin the next time I go back. Glad to see I am not that weird after all.

Edited by SantiSuk