I received 21 emails today from the above "postmaster" stating:

"Your message

Subject: Dresden 1945

was not delivered to:

[email protected]

because:

User wellingtonpoint.qld ([email protected]) not listed in public Name & Address Book"

Different names for each one but all at the "@qantas.com.au" address. I do not know any of the names nor anyone at the qantas address.

Anyone else had this?

I received 21 emails today from the above "postmaster" stating:

"Your message

Subject: Dresden 1945

was not delivered to:

[email protected]

because:

User wellingtonpoint.qld ([email protected]) not listed in public Name & Address Book"

Different names for each one but all at the "@qantas.com.au" address. I do not know any of the names nor anyone at the qantas address.

Anyone else had this?

Ihave had it on a different theme. Can't remember when or if it was h/mail or yahoo, but it might be a cover for a virus.Talk to you later.

I suspect that someone ( a spammer) is spoofing your 'from' address, when the mail bounces (coz the recipient does not exist) it bounces right back to you. :D

Annoying but no real problem, expect a few mails from people pissed at receiving spam from 'you'. :o

I get the occasional one, just delete them. :D

PLEASE NOTE. This does NOT mean someone has hacked yor email account, it is easy to fake from addresses.

Edit

I've just read the previous post, yes I've heard of bouncemessages being used by a virus, solution is still the same --- delete the message.

Edited by Crossy

Ihave had it on a different theme. Can't remember when or if it was h/mail or yahoo, but it might be a cover for a virus.Talk to you later.

It is probably this virus which has been doing the rounds recently:

W32/Netsky.b@MM is a Medium Risk mass-mailing worm that copies itself to folders named "share" or "sharing" on the infected system. It spreads itself to addresses it steals, spoofing or forging the "from: field" or using the address [email protected]. The worm also tries to deactivate the W32/Mydoom.a@MM and W32/Mydoom.b@MM viruses on the host computer.

Caution: An infected email can come from addresses you recognize.

That seems to be Sober.Q, got some explanation, below. And yes my inbox is full with them sent by others:

Sober.Q is a malicious program of Trojan horse type which automatically is downloaded and carried out since the 14/05/05 by the computers previously contaminated by the Sober.O virus and not yet disinfected.

When this Trojan is carried out, it sends emails of political propaganda in German to the addresses present in the windows address book and various other files by using an address of shipper falsified and without attaching infected file. Sober.Q has been responsible for a massive sending of messages not requested in German for a few hours.