Partner Keeps On Receiving Calls From An Unknown Man

MaiDong

We've discussed approaching the police but feel it'll be a waste of time, friends have suggested she arrange a meeting with this man and he gets a surprise of some kind...

Several filthy text messages, I even spoke to him today and he didn't give a toss about me, I gave the phone to my partner and the first thing he said was 'sneak out and meet me'!!

Any experiences or advice?

Edited by MaiDong

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. My better half had similar calls some time back, it was easy to deal with, she just stopped answering his calls, he tried a different number so we saved that and stop answer those calls too. Guess what? It stopped.

Yes. My better half had similar calls some time back, it was easy to deal with, she just stopped answering his calls, he tried a different number so we saved that and stop answer those calls too. Guess what? It stopped.

Sounds like a simple plan but I'll elaborate a little bit...

Partner had to go to the hospital to get checked up for cancer, not a very nice experience to begin with, there was a man in the hospital showing her a little bit too much attention, a day or so later, she started getting calls from a man who knew too much about her for it to be a coincidence.

Our feeling is that it's him, should we approach the hospital? We are obviously worried because this man obviously has a bit of a mental problem and what happens if we lose his job?? We've been told that this offence can carry a 2 month jail term, but what happens if he comes out bent on revenge?

My wife used to get calls from a random strange man, who would call and just hang up, or just say "hello" and then go silent when she asked who it was.

Her phone has windows mobile so we were able to install a program called "call firewall" (search for it on google) which allows you to block phone numbers.

I would suggest investing in a phone that allows this option. My wife was quite unnerved as you never know if it's just some weirdo 100s of miles away getting their rocks off by calling random people, or a serious psycho stalker type.

Either way the call firewall did the trick.

(Others have suggested just ignoring the call, but even seeing the number come up on the phone all the time is quite a wind up, better to block the number completely so that you are not even aware of them anymore)

Edited by dave111223

Change phone numbers.

An obvious idea I know, but the hospital needs her number to contact her in the future, should we ask the hospital about this, he uses the same mobile number every time, so if it is this man in the hospital would that get him fired?

My wife used to get calls from a random strange man, who would call and just hang up, or just say "hello" and then go silent when she asked who it was.

Her phone has windows mobile so we were able to install a program called "call firewall" (search for it on google) which allows you to block phone numbers.

I would suggest investing in a phone that allows this option. My wife was quite unnerved as you never know if it's just some weirdo 100s of miles away getting their rocks off by calling random people, or a serious psycho stalker type.

Either way the call firewall did the trick.

We're not in a position to just go out and buy a new phone unfortunately.

/EDIT perhaps I'll try calling AIS and asking if they can block the number...

Edited by MaiDong

^ Okay, so that changes things a little bit.

In that case I would go with what the other poster suggested, change her number or better still just swap numbers with you, if thats not too much of a problem.

That way you will see how serious he is. If he can't get her by telephone anymore, see if he turns up at the house, if that happens & its the man from the hospital, record the incident properly and raise all hel_l both at the hosptial and with the Police.

Chances are when you change number he will just move on to the next unsuspection lady....asssholes like that are everywhere.

It's quite easy really.

She must know what the callers number is, as it would show up on the mobile.

Transfer all the numbers from the SIM card to the Mobile.

Delete his number from the list.

Purchase a new Sim card and throw the old one away.

Transfer all the numbers from the mobile to the card and problem solved.

As she rings her friends they will have her number automatically.

If ringing the house phone, you have a problem, only thing to do there change the number as well.

We're not in a position to just go out and buy a new phone unfortunately.

Certain cheaper phone models also have this feature, you'd probably be able to trade in your current phone for one that has this feature for minimal cost (maybe 500Baht or 1000Baht more or something)

^ Okay, so that changes things a little bit.

In that case I would go with what the other poster suggested, change her number or better still just swap numbers with you, if thats not too much of a problem.

That way you will see how serious he is. If he can't get her by telephone anymore, see if he turns up at the house, if that happens & its the man from the hospital, record the incident properly and raise all hel_l both at the hosptial and with the Police.

Chances are when you change number he will just move on to the next unsuspection lady....asssholes like that are everywhere.

swapping numbers would be inconvenient but may be a solution for now. she usually rushes to find me in the house so I can answer his calls but he just hangs up when it's me answering.

She's obviously starting to get very worried about this man, she's told him several times that she has a partner and that she's not interested in someone who just creepily calls at any time of the day, sends texts telling her what he'll do to her if she can sneak out etc :)

It's quite easy really.

She must know what the callers number is, as it would show up on the mobile.

Transfer all the numbers from the SIM card to the Mobile.

Delete his number from the list.

Purchase a new Sim card and throw the old one away.

Transfer all the numbers from the mobile to the card and problem solved.

As she rings her friends they will have her number automatically.

If ringing the house phone, you have a problem, only thing to do there change the number as well.

We've thought of this, there's still the problem of the hospital having her correct phone number, if he gets her new phone number we'll jsut be wasting our time again and again...

I feel a bit of rage about this, I don't mind men chatting her up when we go out or giving her the eye or trying it on, I'm confortable with that as I know her well enough, it's the WAY he's doing it that gets me angry!

Acouple of guys have experienced nutters trying to get with their loved one,but how did they guys get the mobile numbers???

There's a million ways these nutters can get phone numbers, example:

- Random dialing

- Sales Invoice

- Delivery form

- Business card

- Going through your trash

etc...etc...Any where you filled in your phone number there could be a nutter looking it over.

I guess the way they came about having the number probably indicates the degree of psycho your dealing with.

Edited by dave111223

if you suspect it is the guy from the hospital then arrange to speak to someone at the hospital. I really don't understand why you have not done this already. Some fools take someone being sociable and friendly as a come on and then think the woman is just being coy when they call her.

One test can be she should just say she will meet him next time she is at the hospital, if it is the tool from the hospital he will agree, if it isn't he will say what hospital? he doesn't sound like the brightest penny in the fountain.

My girlfriend had all these types of calls from her ex, threatening to kill her child etc, this guy was a farang, he stopped when I arranged to meet him, not surprisingly he never turned up, but he got the message. slightly different I know as this guy was known to us, but changing number will not get to the bottom of it and I am sure you have a desire to know who this <deleted> is rather than just make him go away.

Frustrating I know, but be proactive in finding out who he is, in fact put his number on here and we will all call him every few minutes, confuse the <deleted> when 100 farangs keep calling him :)

Edited by tonywebster

Acouple of guys have experienced nutters trying to get with their loved one,but how did they guys get the mobile numbers???

In my case it was a random call, actually at the time we had just swapped numbers because I was getting many calls on her phone and she was getting jack of it.

There are low lifes that do this sort of thing, you know. :)

Read the thread from the top before saying something completely unrelated to my partners situation :)

I shouldn't have to tell but I will to stop anybody else saying something unhelpful:

My partner is the quietest, most shy girl around, she's painfully Greng Jai, she would never give her number to anybody she didn't know, and anyhow, we're sure the calls started after her visit to the hospital.

My wife had a similar problem a few weeks ago. The (Thai) guy worked at a place that she had been to for a job interview and she said he was creepy then.

He was not managerial and my wife let him know in no uncertain terms that if he kept it up then she would contact his employer and cause him a world of problems, after all he could only have got/stolen her details from them in the first place. We have never heard from him since

Why not use a hospital phone and get a strange voice to phone him, say their nurse bloggs from the hospital and can they speak to mrs smith, when he says you've got the wrong number ask if he's registered with the hospital as there must be a mix up with the phone numbers. Maybe he'll blurt out what you need to know.

but changing number will not get to the bottom of it and I am sure you have a desire to know who this <deleted> is rather than just make him go away.

Frustrating I know, but be proactive in finding out who he is, in fact put his number on here and we will all call him every few minutes, confuse the <deleted> when 100 farangs keep calling him :)

exactly, we want to get to the bottom of this.

I've got the phone number right in front of me...

but changing number will not get to the bottom of it and I am sure you have a desire to know who this <deleted> is rather than just make him go away.

Frustrating I know, but be proactive in finding out who he is, in fact put his number on here and we will all call him every few minutes, confuse the <deleted> when 100 farangs keep calling him :D

exactly, we want to get to the bottom of this.

I've got the phone number right in front of me...

post it on here, you know you want to :)

Read the thread from the top before saying something completely unrelated to my partners situation :)

I shouldn't have to tell but I will to stop anybody else saying something unhelpful:

My partner is the quietest, most shy girl around, she's painfully Greng Jai, she would never give her number to anybody she didn't know, and anyhow, we're sure the calls started after her visit to the hospital.

That what i was prompting,so fairly useful then

Ignoring is the better option than confrontation, because you do not know how crazy he is. Simply change the number, give the hospital the new number and tell them why.

That may not work as it seems as though he got her number from the hospital in the first place.

That what i was prompting,so fairly useful then

would any of her friends have given the number to someone?

But like you say if some guy paid her too much attention at the hospital and then the calls started the chances are it is him, or it is propaganda from the dems and they will blame it on the red shirts (sorry couldn't resist winding up a few other posters :D )

I used to have a nut case girl phone me maybe 20 times a day. I don't know who she was, but she was sure that she knew me.

Many times I put my Mrs on to speak to her. She told the caller that she had the wrong guy, but she never believed her and the phone calls kept coming.

In the end when she called I just say "eek sam baht" (another 3 baht) and then I hung up. She eventually stopped.

Blocking the caller seldom works - stalkers are usually determined & persistant folk - they move on to some other plan and if he is who you think he is he'll already have noted all the personal info from your partners hospital file (home number, address, next of kin ....blah blah, blah blah) - they then start using 3rd party phones e.g. public phone boxes.

I was going to say go stand next to him in the hospital - then phone his number and see if it rings - that will answer that, but then it occured to me that he has no doubt blocked his caller id, and in any case he may not be using his own mobile (though they often do until you block it) - so not such a bright idea.

If you're willing to throw some money at the matter I know a man who has access to the "contacts & resources" to quickly id and confirm/eliminate a suspect - if you point the suspect out to him. If he knows who the suspect is he'll establish discreetly what is number(s) are and will then speak to whoever he needs to (contact at tel-co/service provider I assume) to establish if their number(s) have been used to call your partners number. Send me a private message if think this may help.

My heart is telling me she should arrange a meeting and a few friends of ours 'meet' him but my head is saying NO!

Police action(if it's even possible) could aggitate him, if it's the man from the hospital then he knows where we live too :)

I might use the trick of calling and asking for someone my partner knows who works in the hospital and if he tells us this lady works in the ward next door then we know it's him. We're still worried about what he's capable of doing though!

Don't people like this realise that it's a very strange thing to do - steal a phone number of a patient and think you can get together??

"eek sam baht" (another 3 baht) and then I hung up. She eventually stopped.

haha, I like it, that'd piss me off, I'm a bit of a tight git, but some people might not be as tight as me...

tonywebster, I don't think any of her friends would have given her phone number out, she only has a few core trusted friends - she's given her number to many more deliveries, applications etc than she has friends!