Paying Electricity Bill

mmkin

Remember you will also pay a handling fee.

Fee 10 baht at 7/11 & Tesco Lotus have a deal for 5 baht, i think.

Pay on time because if you dont they are very quick to dissconect you as I found out. A man came on a motorbike and drove off with the electricity meter, it took 24 hours to get the man to come back and reconnect it. The worst bit was that I had already paid the landlady but she 'forgot' to pay EGAT the electricity company. :)

yes you can pay in 7-11 and more other places as other posters suggested

or in those barcode payment ATMs (I use Siam Commercial Bank - SCB). For both types, you need to pay B10 fee.

paying at ATM, you can even pay after the due date. This worked for me at least once when i tried 2 months back. ATM barcode payment with SCB So, a good choice when you missed the due date, as 7-11 or visiting the banks will not accept the payment after due date. You have to normally go to the electric authority to pay the bill (but any location is ok). but those f***ing barcodes are sometimes unreadable by the machine occasionally... which is a pity, in such cases you have no other choice but to visit the bank or 7-11 or the electric authority itself after due date.

Following is just for idea:: but, you better not try it

Don't pay too long after the due date though.. as they may come to disconnect you. But, i have seen usually i get a first warning first. And, also i was told if you live in a Big Condo, it is not easy for them to disconnect the electricity right away.. they have to speak to the condo guys to arrange for disconnection.. which may not happen in short notice... so another week or two or more there...

Edited by ihightower

Also better pay on time, because if late, then it must be paid only at electric company office where the lines are longer then mekong river

If you go in the afternoon I have found there is no line. For some reason Thais seem to do everything early in the morning.

Edited by ukrules

As electricity bills are usually affordable, consider doing what I do: pay in advance a lump sum to MEA which is sufficient to cover your bills for 3 months or more.

In my case, the power bill for my fully-airconditioned condo runs about THB1500/month. So, I visit MEA once every quarterly and pay in advance THB5,000. No more worries for the next 3 months!

We have a savings account links to the power company they take the payment on time mail us the statement and bill. Every few months I just transfer some more money into it at any ATM from the main account Don't link your normal account get an extra one that way if there is a big mistake they can't take much.

• 7 months later...
Remember you will also pay a handling fee.

Fee 10 baht at 7/11 & Tesco Lotus have a deal for 5 baht, i think.

Yes, just paid mine at Tesco and it was 5 baht....did it at the service counter as you walk in.

Can you pay everything at Tesco....? Or is it only certain bills..? 5 bahts pretty good though