20,000 Monks Tipped To Join Red-shirt Rally On March 12

webfact

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WERE ARE THE 20.000 MONKS? ANYONE SAW THEM?

There aren't that number around but several websites have photographs of some monks:

http://www.demotix.com/news/276055/buddhis...-shirt-protests

I did see a series of photos with a bigger group (probably over 100), but cannot find these now. This may involve the group that marched into Bangkok from about 40 kms north.

I think a completely stupid and ignorant view.

Creationists are a very small percentage of Christians (but quite vocal) mainly based in the US.

Farangs who decide to be Buddhist would probably know a lot more about Buddhism than many Thai's who become monks just because the family expect them to.

In the US most seem to deny evolution. Texas is even changing its textbooks for school children, and it is a huge market which influences publishers. Imagine

There were some monks. I am sure there were even more prostitutes. Clearly the red heads were trying to get the moral authority (and global sympathy) of the Burma monk protests here. That failed miserably, as the red shirt movement is completely immoral, because of its corrupt, criminal leadership and recent history of violence and thuggishness. Also, you can't compare the government of Burma (and how they mass murder non-violent protesters) with the measured, reasoned response of the Abhisit government.

Edited by Jingthing

Not a sign of Orange cloth to be seen.

i read an article and saw some pictures..

you should try reading articles other then the yellow bullshit coming from the nation, that you yellow forum ppl feed off

and yr yellow papers main competition

Were those in the photos paid red shirts head shaved and free yellow robes for them? :)

There aren't that number around but several websites have photographs of some monks:

I did see a series of photos with a bigger group (probably over 100), but cannot find these now. This may involve the group that marched into Bangkok from about 40 kms north.

obviously, u r posting some historical past events.... the monks and many other appearing in your post surely looked very much like those found among previous redshirts gatherings....

try not to mislead thaivisa members.... many here are easily misled as is....

did you or did you not notice that.... THE SAME MONK APPEARED IN 11 DIFFERENT PICTURES.... :D

i won't argue with you concerning SEEING IS BELIEVING.... :D

but then what you are seeing.... and what is there to be seen.... is another equally important question....

furthermore, my heart also goes out to those coming from the northeaster provinces.... believing in attaining democracy.... but do not understand what democracy is....

most coming to bkk with hope and dream.... that they are helping other brothers and sisters toward a more democratic society where people will be more equalled....

WHERE THEIR LIFE STYLES WOULD BE MORE ELEVATED....

WHERE HARDSHIP IN THEIR REGION WOULD RECEIVE MORE ATTENTION FROM THE THAI GOVT...

WHERE NORTHEASTER IMPROVERISHED REGION AND PROVERTY WILL RECEIVE ASSISTANCE AND RELIEF OF SORT FROM SEEMINGLY UNCARING GOVT....

imho.... most of these northeastern marchers do not really care.... much less understand.... what corruption consequences among their local representatives are chocking off whatever funds coming to their own villages....

most are very happy to receive 500 baht handout.... when in actually they should be receiving 1,000s instead.... had their own representatives not been lining up their own pockets.... IN THE NAME OF DEMOCRACY....

for all practical purposes.... these marchers should be fed, clothed and medicated and sent home HAPPY....

people in bkk and other more affluent regions are really not heartless.... as their pitifully corrupted leaders make their counterparts appear to be....

the reeducating process is really not that easy.... but the tasks of turning northeastern provinces into something equally productive agriculturally.... is even more difficult....

let's not throw stones at them.... but bless them, feed them.... and cheer their efforts trying to liberate thailand from UM-MARD GOVT.... whatever that may mean to them....

but.... considering the many thaivisa posts from northern and northeastern upcountry.... there are many farangs who are on their own helping to advance and to upgrade the agricultural methodologies and related life styles....

BRAVO.... to each one of you.... :):D:D

Edited by nakachalet

To me, it looks like everyone likes to have a few token monks along, to give their movement some credibility. The Yellow Shirt movement had monks as part of their demonstration, too.

I think that religion should stay out of politics, but that of course is wishful thinking. First the Crusades, then Muslim extremists, what's next, Monks with

M-16's? :)

try not to mislead thaivisa members.... many here are easily misled as is....

I thought the statement that there are some monks around in fairly small numbers was quite moderate. You'll see another example in the photos of monks at tables in front of the blood queues, which incidentally I do not think is a good idea. The link I posted comes from a website which claims to show the present demonstrations, and given the small groups depicted doesn't seem implausible. Of course, if you have proof that the pictures were fabricated you are welcome to post it. If your counter claim is that there are no monks among the demonstrators, I'd say you are wrong.

If you want to see a thread containing posts that are intended to mislead, visit the one in the News section regarding the video clip which is said to show Isaan people being paid 2000 baht per head to go to Bangkok. The translation I provided shows appeals for donations being made and payment only to drivers. Despite my invitation to those who keep repeating this lie to provide their own translation, they haven't had the wit to do so.

20 monks sure no problem, even 200 might seem plausible.

2,000, no chance never were seen. They did push one group

into the blood tent for an obvious photo-op, but other wise nada.

Yes, 'Arisman the Violent' speaks for all those monks out there, they come when he calls.

This is one of the bigger 'screwed the pooch' moments in recent memory.

Sad for those few actual believers in improving the lot of the average up country person,

because their leaders sold them up the lazy river with out a paddle, or even an idea.

And now the government is offering them free rides back home, no hassles, we'll take you.

Red leaders out maneuvered and out classed by far.

So many lies all exposed at once... it's a watershed moment I suspect.

Edited by animatic

Yes, 'Arisman the Violent' speaks for all those monks out there, they come when he calls.

Sad for those few actual believers in improving the lot of the average up country person,

because their leaders sold them up the lazy river with out a paddle, or even an idea.

And now the government is offering them free rides back home, no hassles, we'll take you.

thats one view

thats one view

Okay, let;s try another view.

As claimed before, 20.000 monks show up at the rally. We cannot see them all because 19.800 changed to red clothes.

Like everyone knows, Arisman is a peace loving guy who will give his life for this poor brothers.

This rally has nothing to do with giving Taksin his money (and power) back. It's all about democracy and the up country people.

Make your pick.