Non Immigrant B Visa

I know that in order to gain entry into Thailand I need a Non imigrant Type B visa multiple entry. This allows me to enter the country and reside their for 90 days at a time.

While I am their I will be volunteering as an ###### for a Charity. I was wondering do I require a work permit for this. If I have a work permit do I still have to leave and re-enter the country every 90 days?

If I do have to leave and reenter the country were would be the best possible border crossing to use? and how much does it cost roughly? I will be working in Chiang Mai.

HI,

I am hoping to work in Chiang Hai or Mai not sure which.

Now the organisation I hope to work for has advised me not to go for a work permit and they would accept all responsibility for me.

I am volunteering as a ###### so money is a bit tight. From Chiang Hai were would be the cheapest way to do a Visa Run? How much roughly would it cost? How long do I have to leave the country before I am allowed to return?

Thanks for everything

any foreigner "working" in thailand is required to have a work permit. this includes paid and non-paid work. it is very risky to work without one. i would be very suspect of any organization that said to not to worry about getting one or actively discouraged you from getting one. basically they are telling you to break the law. unless this charity/organization is intimately connected with high level officialdom (maybe a pet charity of ms shinawatra) i would stay clear of them.