Retirement Visa Renewal

Can anyone please tell me in simple terms what documents I will need to renew my retirement (Non Imm 'O'A) visa...I am specifically interested in the proof of address...a long time resident told me that I can use an electricity bill or my driver's license, instead of the embassy letter...is this correct?

I have the following documents:

I have proof of income and proof of 800,000 baht in the bank for 3 months with letter from the bank.

A police report from the UK (from last year, but since I've been living here ever since, I clearly can't get an updated one).

Photos.

Passport.

Medical report from driver's license.

Do I need anything else?

Thanks

Are you getting a new visa in the UK or do you want to extend your stay for one year for retirement in Thailand? If extension in Thailand:

You do not need police report.

You do not need medical report.

You should not need more than lease/letter addressed to you and in Bangkok I have never needed anything for address.

What you need is the Embassy letter of income if using income (not needed if using 800k in bank). Or Bank letter/passbook if using 800k in bank account - they may require proof of a transaction that day at some places.

TM.7 with current photo and 1,900 baht fee.

Passport/copies of visa/entry/departure card.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you getting a new visa in the UK or do you want to extend your stay for one year for retirement in Thailand? If extension in Thailand:

You do not need police report.

You do not need medical report.

You should not need more than lease/letter addressed to you and in Bangkok I have never needed anything for address.

What you need is the Embassy letter of income if using income (not needed if using 800k in bank). Or Bank letter/passbook if using 800k in bank account - they may require proof of a transaction that day at some places.

TM.7 with current photo and 1,900 baht fee.

Passport/copies of visa/entry/departure card.

as you seem to be very knowledgeable on retirement visas could you please clarify the following----

i live in phuket and my retirement visa comes up for renewal on the 30th may.i ensured i had 800k in my bank at the end of february[3 months as required]but i now need to draw down on this money.my question is if i top it up to 800k just before i need to renew my visa will this qualify me for a new r/v. or do you have to have the 800k in your bank for the whole three month period

regards

graham

as a novice member could you please reply to my email

The funds need to be properly seasoned if using 800k bank account method, and that means the account balance must not fall below 800k for the 3 month period before renewal. If you have some form of income (pension/investments/property rental etc) you could use that plus bank balance to meet 800k requirement using combination method which requires no seasoning period. Income from overseas would require an income letter from your embassy.

From Police Order 777/2551

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than 800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

The funds need to be properly seasoned if using 800k bank account method, and that means the account balance must not fall below 800k for the 3 month period before renewal. If you have some form of income (pension/investments/property rental etc) you could use that plus bank balance to meet 800k requirement using combination method which requires no seasoning period. Income from overseas would require an income letter from your embassy.

From Police Order 777/2551

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than 800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

MANY THANKS FOR CLARIFICATION

If you can not meet the requirement you can visit KL or other Consulate to obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa and at the end of that 90 day stay make your new application for retirement extension of stay. You lose nothing but the visa trip/expense.

Just back from a very quick retirement extension process at Chaeng Wattana.

Following was submitted:

completed TM7 request for extension form with photo

Copy of all passport pages..I always let them pick the pages they want

copy of TM6 departure card

letter from bank for 800K method

copy of bank book account info page and last three months of transactions

original bank book which was returned after process complete..officer made me go downstairs and update despite letter and book were done yesterday..she made copy after update

All took less than 15 minutes including walk downstairs to update bank book.