Non-immigrant Cancellation

Dear all,

I originally obtained a non-immigrant B visa from Hull approx 3 years ago.

I then successfully applied for a different job which I got - with work permit .

The company have been helpful e.g arranging re-entries, taking me to immigration (Hua Hin) every 3 months etc.

I have resigned (leaving end April) and they tell me when I leave they 'have to by law' cancel my visa and I most probably have to leave Thailand within 7 days.

The 3 month immigraion visit is due 16th May, and my visa is valid until 16th July.

To save visa run expense and hassle I'd like to keep it until mid-July.

My question is - can I, legally hold onto it?

My other question is, if I have to leave where is currently the best place to get a 2/3 month tourist visa to tide me over until I arrange another Non-imm visa?

Thanks alot for any advice.

No (you can't legally keep it).

Your extension of stay becomes invalid on the day you finish work, you can get a 7 day extension from immigration for 1900 Baht.

If you plan on going to Vientianne on the last day of employment Tourist Visas will again be free, should see you through your requirement at minimal cost.

The company can not cancel your visa, only the immigration department can cancel a visa.

The company can cancel your workpermit at the labor department office.

After this you have to go the immigration office with the cancelled workpermit where they will cancel your non-o visa.

You can apply for a 7 days extension so you have time to leave the country and/or organize a new visa.