Forensic Experts In Los

Rinrada

Do you get the feeling that theres more to it?

Forensic expert answers critics Anucha Charoenpo (thanks Bangkok Post)

Scottish forensic expert Adrian Linacre yesterday defended himself against police doubts about his qualifications, saying it was likely a plot to discredit him.

``I do not mind being checked by police but it would've been more polite had they asked me before talking to the media,'' said Mr Linacre, who declared after an examination of bloodstains in crime-scene photos that the death of Bangkok MP Hangthong Thammawattana was most likely not a suicide.(Not Suicide)

Mr Linacre said he did not understand why police checked his educational and working background unless they wanted to discredit him.

``How could I dare give my opinions about the case of Mr Hangthong if I were not on the register of forensic practitioners in my country?''

He has a bachelor's degree in biology from Edinburgh University and a doctorate of philosophy in the same subject from the University of Sussex.

Mr Linacre said he had conducted some 31 researches about DNA in plants and animals which had been published in many international science journals.

The Scottish expert said he had been interested in the pattern of bloodstains for years and was a member of forensic institutes such as the Council for the Registration of Forensic Practitioners and the European Network of Forensic Science Institute.

Mr Linacre leaves for England early this morning. He said he would return to testify as an expert witness if wanted by the court.

Pol Maj-Gen Kosin Hintao, commander of the Crime Suppression Division, said Mr Linacre's statement may not be included in the investigation report because police had gathered enough opinions from local experts.(must be lots of them) :o

http://www.bangkokpost.net/News/05Nov2003_news08.html