Why Can't I Call Libya?

richb2004

I work in Libya. My wife can not get through. We only get as far as the country code before a message says the number is not recognised. We called the phone company and they said that this was indeed the right code. We are with TOT. We can call the UK using the 008 cheap call function, but can't call Libya with or without. I will try to sort it out myself with the phone company over the next few days, but thought I would check for advice first.

Thanks

Your probably already aware the International dialing code Thailand-Libyia is: 001 + 218 + City Code + Tel Number

Have you tried contacting an International Operator and asking her/him to place call for you (either Person-to-Person or Station-to-Station) and to remain on the line until your party answers the phone. Costs will be more than what you would normally be charged for on a Dial-it-Yourself call, however, with an operator on the line, they will see if there is any problem with the multi-circuits your call passes through, and will re-route your call or contact the repair authorities should a problem be found.

Also ask the International Operator to confirm correct dialing codes, as numbers may change from time-to-time.

good luck :o

[edit] Have you looked into the free"computer-to-computer" or low cost "computer-to-phone" calling, using software like Skype? [/edit]

Edited by waldwolf